Thread: Transformers Gen1 Pop Vinyls at EB Games

Default Transformers Gen1 Pop Vinyls at EB Games

Transformers returns to Pop Vinyls, and this time they are Gen1 characters.

So far listed on the EB Games website are pre-order listings for NOVEMBER, at $20 each....

- Optimus Prime (regular)
    - Optimus Prime (metallic) (not currently listed on Zing website)
    - Soundwave (regular)
    - Soundwave (battle damaged)
    - Jazz
    - Bumblebee
    - Megatron

(link here should show them near the top of the results page)

Each one requires a $3 deposit when pre-ordering.
    They are each just about 10cm tall.

The style is very all over the place. Prime and Megatron have cartoon colour eyes, but Soundwave doesn’t? I wish they had stuck with the cartoon look for these, having the toy designs as a default is a weird choice for POPs. Seems like they went with toys, but changed some stuff more towards the cartoon, that would throw off casual fans who wouldn’t recognise them otherwise.

Also movie faction symbols.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The style is very all over the place. Prime and Megatron have cartoon colour eyes, but Soundwave doesn’t? I wish they had stuck with the cartoon look for these, having the toy designs as a default is a weird choice for POPs. Seems like they went with toys, but changed some stuff more towards the cartoon, that would throw off casual fans who wouldn’t recognise them otherwise.

Also movie faction symbols.
    I agree; they should've just retained the stylised Pop! design of the cartoon throughout the figures. Instead, the heads are Pop! but the bodies are all based on the G1 toys, which makes the figures very jarring to look at for a TF fan.

I didn't even notice that the faction symbols were Bayverse ones until now. I think the designers, not being TF fans, just copied and pasted.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Ive pre-ordered Optimus and Jazz. I think they will look alot better in hand.

Looks like Zing have a few new ones out now - Starscream, & Bumblebee with Wings (they already had a regular Bumblebee)... which both have a sticker on the box that exclusive versions have on them. And NON-Metallic Optimus & Jazz are listed for pre-order at both EB Games and Zing (I'm pretty sure those two were out at EB Games last October with the rest, so these could be a second batch... or just really badly delayed). Optimus is slated for February, and Jazz is slated for April.

I picked up Bumblebee with Wings (which is based off his Classics toy) last month.

Also Jetfire can be found at Popcultcha.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

EB and Zing now have in stock (at some stores) the Pop Vinyl Box, which is a metal lunchbox that has inside 2 regular figures (Optimus/axe & Megatron/mace), Sticker, Keychain and pins... $60.
    Best to find a store that has them and go in to purchase it, to make sure that they have the Transformers box. There is a GIJoe box, and the store might only have that one, which you won't know until you go to pick it up (after you already bought it online).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    EB and Zing now have in stock (at some stores) the Pop Vinyl Box, which is a metal lunchbox that has inside 2 regular figures (Optimus/axe & Megatron/mace), Sticker, Keychain and pins... $60.
    Best to find a store that has them and go in to purchase it, to make sure that they have the Transformers box. There is a GIJoe box, and the store might only have that one, which you won't know until you go to pick it up (after you already bought it online).
    I mentioned this a few days back in the other Pop thread (that I created). They are not actually 2 separate boxes. They are the same. One side has Transformers and the other side G.I.Joe. And you get 1 TF Pop and 1 GI Pop in each tin. Random unfortunately. Bought 2 and both have Optimus and Cobra Commander. I have 2 more coming from PC so hopefully there’s a Megatron in one of those or I’ll be very peeved.