Thread: Storyline Hopping Characters

Default Storyline Hopping Characters

Some characters and corresponding toys stay within a particular story and toy-line but others jump them and it can be interesting to see them re-imagined for a different setting or aesthetic. Which such characters are your favourites?

Also are there more characters you would like to see make the jump? Over to you...

I enjoyed the couple of crossovers between Movie and Animated and CHUG we got about a decade ago. Animated Blackout, Generations Lugnut and ROTF Lockdown were all highlights.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I've a little bit of an obsession with Sideways and his maybe counterpart, maybe him buddy Noisemaze.

I too was impressed with some of those cross-overs from about a decade ago - it is always interesting to see a character rendered in a new kind of detail. I've wondered what a Generations Strongarm might look like, or Real Gear robots given live-action biomechanical detailing, rather than just label-slapping the Bayformers brand onto some toys that were designed for the Unicron Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I too was impressed with some of those cross-overs from about a decade ago - it is always interesting to see a character rendered in a new kind of detail. I've wondered what a Generations Strongarm might look like, or Real Gear robots given live-action biomechanical detailing, rather than just label-slapping the Bayformers brand onto some toys that were designed for the Unicron Trilogy.
    Seeing the more bestial RiD designs but in Generations would be amazing. I'd rather that to Optimus Prime/Bumblebee/Prowl/Ironhide again.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I like Bulkhead in Animated, but the Prime version is superior.

Sky-Byte was a nice addition to G1 comics and Cyberverse.

Least favourite jump is probably Lockdown from Animated to Age of Extinction (but in between the first movieverse toy of a Lockdown was good)

Would have a big list of characters I’d like “aligned” into G1 continuity as much as I want new takes.

One of the things I liked about the IDW line was seeing old toys and characters pop up as infill characters or revised versions within their framework.

Sky Byte as an off-world Decepticon
    Energon Jetfire and Overcast as alternate universe police officers
    RiD15 Strongarm as a new generation of Autobots and potential Wrecker recruits

I loved seeing Lockdown and Lugnut go from Animated to the Movie/Generations forms during the RotF/RtS days.

Drift is an example of a character who has jumped between universes and been represented in a different form each time, but largely maintaining the base character (as much as the Bay movies had characters) - between the IDW G1, the AoE version and RiD examples, with Cyberverse returning to his original IDW form.

Thanks for the comments all.