Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Vintage Reissues returning to Kmart

Default Transformers Vintage Reissues returning to Kmart

As we had noted a little while ago, if the Minibot reissues that were released at Kmart back in June did well enough, we would see more coming, and word from Hasbro Australia is that they are.

As long as the cargo ship doesn't lose its way, we should have the following appear at Kmart stores (and website) very soon, give or take a few weeks...

- Minibots (Legion) - hopefully wave 2, which has Gears and Warpath included - about 2000 units.
    - Cassette 2-packs - should be both (Rumble/Ravage & Frenzy/Laserbeak) - about 1000 units.
    - Soundwave (with Buzzsaw) - about 1000 units.
    - Optimus Prime (cab only) - about 1000 units.

Plenty of stock for everyone... but don't wait too long after they first appear (which we will report here as soon as we hear that they are out).

These should be in stores and online mid-to-late November.

That's a great assortment of vintage classic Transformers toys in a short space of time, just before Christmas too... but who's really going to wait until Christmas to open these beauties up (or admire their sealed perfection on a display shelf somewhere).

Last edited by griffin; 24th September 2020 at 06:45 PM.

Great news. I really want to get the Ravage and Rumble pack as they were my first ever Transformers and getting them in (mostly) replica packaging will be terrific.

I hope we're not charged stupid prices for them. I have a feeling we will given the first lot of mini-cars. And they'll still sell out. I bought the Soundwave and OP reissues in Singapore many months ago. The OP cost me SGD $120 from Toys R Us and Soundwave $93 from an airport shop. Really expensive but I've never owned them before. Fast forward and OP shelf warmed somewhat at the RRP and now clears at $48 (https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...#post-18335217). I was at TRU and held both cassette packs in my hands and thought "Hmm, $40 for a 2-pack of small toys..." and put them back.

Soundwave was listed as $79
    $$$ for OP & Cassettes weren't available at the time.

Already have all these.

I wonder if I should hold off buying Astrotrain and Blaster and wait to see if they come out here.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Already have all these.

I wonder if I should hold off buying Astrotrain and Blaster and wait to see if they come out here.
    Yeah, that?s not a bad idea. Given that these traditionally go on clearance at walmart, you?ll still be able to get them on eBay later. But if they come out locally, you?ll save a bundle.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Astrotrain and Blaster are not coming here.
    (unless there is some unsold excess stock that gets dumped in Australia in a few years time)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Soundwave was listed as $79
    $$$ for OP & Cassettes weren't available at the time.
    Cassettes $39 each
    No $ info on OP

Thanks for the info Sinnertwin. Cassettes $39 each - here we go again .

Don't panic... shipment delays from China are making the release date for everything to be mid-late November. (I have updated the first post... I think I will say something on facebook next month as we get closer to their release.)