View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

1 16.67%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Not even interested

1 16.67%

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Selects Greasepit

Default Toy Review: Generations Selects Greasepit

Greasepit
    Series - Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy
    Sub-line - Generations Selects
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Remould of Earthrise Ironworks
    Released here - September 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $39
    Approximate Size - 13.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Petrol Station
    Main Colours - Blue, Yellow, Hasbro Grey
    Main Accessories - Gun, Billboard, Petrol Bowser

Alt Mode

Bot Mode

THOUGHTS

Pretty much exactly the same as Ironworks except you get a few new decos, billboard accessory and the hook has been substituted with a pair of petrol bowsers. Disappointingly the windows and billboard are pre-applied stickers of kinder surprise quality. The bowser accessory plugs into a pair of notches on the road piece attached to his right leg. Ironworks has the same notches but I'm not sure if any of the other figures with micromaster road pieces have these notches also. While the official instructions instruct you to turn Greasepit into Edward-bowserhand, I find it better off as a petroleum powered 'magazine' for Greasepit's gun. The petrol station mode is nice to look at but practically speaking, can barely park a micromaster vehicle on it. The instructions also offer a downhill 'drag strip' and a 'loading dock' which, although I haven't built yet, look to be better offerings than what was offered on Ironwork's instructions.

Overall satisfied with this purchase as micromaster bases are always welcome in my brood. The billboard and bowser accessories are welcome additions to micromaster city.

• Love the new accessories
    • Petrol Station looks mint but you can barely park a car on it
    • Stickers suck

Oh thought it was a straight repaint. Thats nice.

I prefer the secondary mode in the instructions.

Default Toy Review - GREASEPIT (Generations Selects)

GREECEPITT
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Selects
    Hypo-line - War For Cybertron Trilogy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint and retool of Earthrise Ironworks
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - October 2020 (EB Games/Zing exclusive)
    Approximate Retail Price - $40
    Approximate Size - 13.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Macromaster
    Alt-mode - gas station^SERVO
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Weaponiser
    Main Colours - blue, grey, yellow
    Main Accessories - gun

NOTE: This toy is a repaint/retool of Earthrise Ironworks <---see this thread for discussion about the original mould. This thread will focus on differences made.

<--- Fist pump!

👆 I love how the new Greasepit toy still sells Super. None of that Unleaded or Ethanol crap!

Works surprisingly well as a service station for what is largely just a repaint of Ironworks. The only real "retooling" is replacing the hook with a pair of petrol pumps and also an additional sign board. The battle station mode doesn't work nearly as well as it is really more "Ironworks-esque." However Greasepit has made me realised that this mould was probably conceived as all four Micromaster Stations, as the indent for the service station windows are present on Ironworks, and both have runway-like roads/ramps, which would be a precursor for Airwave and Hot House. So yeah, it's not even so much as Ironworks necessarily being shoehorned as the others, but it appears that this mould may have always been intended to be all of them, which would also explain why this robot mode looks like none of them.

The sticker on the signboard is also incredibly accurate to the G1 toy - nearly identical! They've done an amazing job in making this toy look as much like G1 Greasepit's servo station as they could.

Worth buying? Only if you don't already have Ironworks (who's a cheaper toy and easier to find) or if you want to get Greasepit to help further complete your G1 CHUG collection. Because otherwise this toy is almost identical to Ironworks so if you already have that toy and you don't care about completing a G1 CHUG collection then it's probably an easy pass for you.

Nice pictures. I got it for nostalgic reasons (I owned the original, my brother had Ironworks) and I have no regrets in owning both. The colour scheme, the change in parts and how you can arrange them makes it look different enough to Ironworks.

There is already a Greasepit review thread. Should these two be combined to one thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    There is already a Greasepit review thread. Should these two be combined to one thread?
    Woops sorry, my bad.

Mods: please merge this with the existing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Woops sorry, my bad.

Mods: please merge this with the existing thread.
    Done (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Don't like the color scheme as much Ironworks' but Greasepit makes up for it with the stickers in the form of the signs and the inside look at the business. Nice bling.