Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Day and Combiner Wars Devastator reissue

Default Amazon Prime Day and Combiner Wars Devastator reissue

Hasbro Australia have asked us to let our fellow fans know about this years Prime Day at Amazon Australia... because it will have at least one Transformers exclusive toy released here, just for Prime Day.

What is Prime Day?
    Prime Day is a special sale period at the beginning of November (actual dates have not been released yet), that has exclusives and discount prices for registered Amazon Prime members. You must be registered as a Prime member, but you should be able to do it at the time of the sale, and then end your membership after the sale if you don't want to pay the monthly membership fee (about $7 per month, but only worth it if you buy a fair bit off Amazon to earn free shipping on a lot of items, or you want to utilise their wide range of digital audio-visual content).
    American Transformers fans have been benefiting from their Prime Day for a few years now, and it looks like us in Australia will have something to look forward to as well this year.

What Transformers exclusives and deals will there be?
    Unfortunately, we were going to make the big reveal this week, but have now been told that we have to wait until October 17th, because it hasn't been revealed yet by Hasbro America.
    So for now, make a note in your calendar for October 17th for the toy reveal, and the first week of November if that exclusive toy is something you will be wanting, as there will only be 300 units coming to Australia for this sale.
    Keep an eye on the Amazon info page for the announcement of when Prime Day will be - https://www.amazon.com.au/primeday
    And until 3 weeks time (or as soon as Hasbro America reveal it), feel free to have a guess at what the exclusive toy might be, and then later we can see if anyone guessed it.

On a related, but different note...
    Have you been feeling the desire recently to buy a Transformers combiner team but were not happy with the TakaraTomy (re)issue of the POTP Dinobot team with just a few minor changes?
    Well, it seems as though Hasbro have come to the rescue, with their own reissue Prime Wars Trilogy combiner.
    Hasbro Australia have let us know that the 2015 Combiner Wars Devastator (B0998) is being reissued, and we will see about 300 units on Amazon Australia some time in October-November (not related to the Amazon Prime Day sale, but could end up showing up on Amazon at around the same time).
    Since it has the same product code as the 2015 release, the toy and packaging should be identical... it has apparently become an exclusive to Amazon globally for this reissue release.
    This is a great second chance for collectors who are new since 2015, or couldn't find it or afford it the first time.

Last edited by griffin; 5th October 2020 at 09:20 PM.

That's great news Griffin!
    Sold my Devastator quite a while ago so will be pretty tempted to get it.

I hope we can have more CW and UW reissues in the future. HasTak keeps doing Devastator, but there are others I need.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A "small" update...

Hasbro America was quick to contact Hasbro Australia over the weekend after our news about the reissue CW Devastator hit all the fansites... to say that it has been delayed to January (which the local branch didn't know at the time that they said it was okay to post up the news).

So much for those hoping to get a CW Devastator this year.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

If the Prime Day exclusive is Thrust, my butt is going to be so clenched trying to pre-order... I may have a WFC Seeker addiction.

Looks like Prime Day is October 13th and 14th... which is a lot earlier than what Hasbro Australia guessed, and 4 days before the date we are allowed to reveal what the Amazon Exclusive toy will be for Prime Day.
    I'm going to have to ask what this is all about.

I swear i saw an ad saying prime day was 13-14 of october?

Edit: should have read the post above mine
    Last edited by Jaxius._; 6th October 2020 at 07:51 AM.

It is, yea. There's TV ads saying it but also people got emails with the date.

Word back from Hasbro Australia...

The "item" that I am not allowed to talk about until October 17th is NOT for Prime Day, but for Cyber (mon)Day (or whatever it is called, which is usually at the end of November.. so I'm even more puzzled, as this item is supposed to be for a promo in the first week of November, which would be 3 weeks before Cyber Monday.

So after all of that hyping up of the fandom that I did a couple weeks ago, I'm now left to disappoint everyone by saying that Prime Day in Australia doesn't look to have anything exclusive for Transformers, and the item that I can talk about on October 17th could be on Amazon in the first week of November OR the last week of November.

???