Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pulse-Con Kingdom & Netflix reveals

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think the Takara image is having a CYMK/RBG issue. That face is too red to be right.
    Probably a photography issue.

Though the first thing that came to mind for me was it might be a prototype with incorrect colours.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I wonder if we can predict some of the Generations Selects from what's been (officially) revealed so far?

Core

Sub-deluxes haven't had a lot of Selects redecoes, but I think Packrat especially is almost a given, probably with a pack-in to justify the price.

Rattrap - Packrat
    Optimus Prime - the usual, Ultra Magnus (maybe) and Nemesis Prime (likely). Nemesis would be an easy one to pack-in with Packrat.
    Vertebreak - Nah

Deluxe

Cheetor - Shadow Panther, obviously, unless that gets released in the mainline or Netflix line
    Blackarachnia - it seems unlikely for Tarantulus, as the proportions don't work; I also think the name "Ractonite" suggests some sort of spider-skeleton that might serve as a replacement for Tarantulus, since the name is notoriously difficult to trademark. For that reason, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest a possible Airachnid redeco for Blackarachnia to celebrate Prime's 10th anniversary.
    Warpath - I'm coming up with nothing
    Paleotrex - Dinobot II, maybe?

Voyager

Cyclonus - nothing is immediately obvious, but they could do Artfire again I guess
    Optimus Primal - Burning Convoy seems like an inevitability, but if we're lucky Hasbro might at least make it closer to the Universe 2002 release rather than just a straight clear red

Leader

Megatron - T-Wrecks, obviously

Killing Jar Cyclonus (yellow and green)
    Warpath as Treds (ehobby Gobots repaint )

TakaraTomy have tweeted out several images of Voyager Optimus Primal, in both modes and with the other two Kingdom Voyager Optimus Prime toys (to show size comparison)... all put together here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I wonder if we can predict some of the Generations Selects from what's been (officially) revealed so far?

Core

Sub-deluxes haven't had a lot of Selects redecoes, but I think Packrat especially is almost a given, probably with a pack-in to justify the price.

Rattrap - Packrat
    Optimus Prime - the usual, Ultra Magnus (maybe) and Nemesis Prime (likely). Nemesis would be an easy one to pack-in with Packrat.
    Vertebreak - Nah

Deluxe

Cheetor - Shadow Panther, obviously, unless that gets released in the mainline or Netflix line
    Blackarachnia - it seems unlikely for Tarantulus, as the proportions don't work; I also think the name "Ractonite" suggests some sort of spider-skeleton that might serve as a replacement for Tarantulus, since the name is notoriously difficult to trademark. For that reason, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest a possible Airachnid redeco for Blackarachnia to celebrate Prime's 10th anniversary.
    Warpath - I'm coming up with nothing
    Paleotrex - Dinobot II, maybe?

Voyager

Cyclonus - nothing is immediately obvious, but they could do Artfire again I guess
    Optimus Primal - Burning Convoy seems like an inevitability, but if we're lucky Hasbro might at least make it closer to the Universe 2002 release rather than just a straight clear red

Leader

Megatron - T-Wrecks, obviously
    If the Dinobot leak is true then I'll expect that we might get a Beast Wars Grimlock at some point.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

TakaraTomy have tweeted out several really clear images of Paleotrex, in both modes, as accessories and in its various parts (like the Weaponizers from Siege and Earthrise... to be called Fossilizers in Kingdom).

Megatron shaping up to look super great, detailed and accurate. Some of the initial pics made him look like a very bright too sunburnt looking purple, I'm glad they look mostly normal.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Cyclonus looks like he belongs in the Studio '86 series! Being cynical I'm guessing Jazz was swapped in for him at the last minute to give more autobots to the lineup, seeing as Jazz is a lot more hollow & basic looking than the rest and was originally intended for earthrise or kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Cyclonus looks like he belongs in the Studio '86 series! Being cynical I'm guessing Jazz was swapped in for him at the last minute to give more autobots to the lineup, seeing as Jazz is a lot more hollow & basic looking than the rest and was originally intended for earthrise or kingdom
    I think they're definitely meant to complement each other but doubt Cyclonus was meant for 86. The Kingdom figs continue with the 5mm and effects ports while 86 doesn't.