Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WFC: Kingdom Pre-Order On ZING

Lucky for me I'm only interested in Cylconus. Warpath is only slightly better than the Combiner Wars option, and my third party version is good enough for me.

I wonder if EB's price matching includes these because you'd be able to guarantee the ones you want and pay the lowest price if you could.

I've been wondering if we weren't going to be due for a general deluxe increase sometime soon.

To my mind, the Deluxes are the Transformers equivalent of the 6 inch SW Black Series or PR Lightning Collection for Hasbro's toylines, which have both been at the $39 price point for a figure for the past couple of years. We also saw the Cyberverse Deluxes get set at $39 RRP at Big W and the Cyberverse Battle Call Troopers are between $39 and $45 for what is pretty Deluxe level cosntruction.

I definitely don't see Deluxes sitting at or below $30 unfortunately no matter where they will be available

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I wonder if EB's price matching includes these because you'd be able to guarantee the ones you want and pay the lowest price if you could.
    It'd be like for like.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I've been wondering if we weren't going to be due for a general deluxe increase sometime soon.

To my mind, the Deluxes are the Transformers equivalent of the 6 inch SW Black Series or PR Lightning Collection for Hasbro's toylines, which have both been at the $39 price point for a figure for the past couple of years. We also saw the Cyberverse Deluxes get set at $39 RRP at Big W and the Cyberverse Battle Call Troopers are between $39 and $45 for what is pretty Deluxe level cosntruction.

I definitely don't see Deluxes sitting at or below $30 unfortunately no matter where they will be available
    Agreed... but $45 for a deluxe... I am going to wait for retail

I find Deluxes to be barely worth their RRP of $35 these days (simple engineering, small size, excessive hollowness), let alone $45 which can currently buy a SS Voyager at Kmart. Hopefully Kmart stock these at around $35 for Deluxes and $50-$55 for Voyagers, but even then, I'll be a lot more selective. Deluxes used to be the best valued size class in my opinion, but is now one of the worst (Micromaster / Scout / Commander / Core I think is the worst value).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

So Legends class is priced at a Deluxe, Deluxe is priced at a Voyager, and Voyager is now a Leader pricing. Gee thanks Zing/Hasblo
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Wow those prices are really putting me off collecting these. Hopefully studio series don't see similar price increases (especially since hot rod is said to be sold at voyager pricing, $60 for a deluxe sized figure would be insane)

This...
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Reflecting the US, the price point has gone up on Deluxe and Voyager.
    And this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Thats only Zing's prices though.
    I would assume the independents like Toymate etc would have a similar price structure -theyre dearer than big box retailers as it is.
    Being a new line, I would wait for Kmart etc to stock them at a lower price point.
    ... are the important things to remember with EB's prices.

I might get into some trouble for this, but I don't understand why they are listing these so early, or at all... which would only be due to Hasbro pushing them onto EB games. If EB Games have limited ability or interest in Transformers toys at any one time, make them take on 10 exclusives that we are missing out on, instead of 10 regular release toys that every store will be selling next year (which would include cheaper options like Kmart and Amazon).
    As you can see by the Earthrise toys still listed on the EB Games site, most people don't shop there for the regular retail toys... unless they have something not easily available elsewhere (like Doubledealer and Snapdragon).

I can't find where it was posted but is that EB Games Transformers Day event still going ahead?