View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 53.33%
  • Only if cheap

2 13.33%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

2 13.33%
  • No

1 6.67%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%

Thread: Toy Review - ALLICON

Default Toy Review - ALLICON

QUINTESSON ALLICON
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron
    Hypo-line - Earthrise
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - ?
    Approximate Retail Price - $30
    Approximate Size - 12.5cm
    Allegiance - Quintesson
    Alt-mode - Allicon
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Your childhood
    Main Colours - grey, green, purple
    Main Accessories - spear, dagger

Thoughts
    Good resemblance of the robot mode. Allicon mode isn't spot on accurate, but it's undeniably an Allicon. You can take one glance at the alt mode and know immediately what it's meant to be - no ifs or buts. I would have preferred the knees to be able to swing backwards too to give the Allicon mode a digitigrade stance, but that might also compromise the knee's stability after some time. The head doesn't firmly lock in and has a tendency to wobble upon handling. I also would've preferred the Allicon arms being able to go somewhere in robot mode rather than just dangling off the robot forearms. The robot fists also don't conceal in Allicon mode. The weapons are pretty nice - it's neat how the dagger becomes the tip of the tail, and the spear can also attach to tabs on the back.

Overall
    Objectively speaking not a fantastic Transformer toy - but if you want a toy of the G1 Allicon character then I would definitely recommend this. For this reason I've voted for "Only if".

Fantastic looking robot mode, but really disappointing alligator mode. The fact that it can't crouch down lower like it should in the movie annoys me somewhat. Its' simply designed, so I suspect that transformation being too complex is not an issue with this one. It makes me wonder if it was meant to be a cyberverse figure or something simpler originally.

Great robot mode, disappointing beast mode. It should have been a lot better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Its' simply designed, so I suspect that transformation being too complex is not an issue with this one. It makes me wonder if it was meant to be a cyberverse figure or something simpler originally.
    I reckon it would have done better as a legends size toy. I know Earthrise doesn't have that size class but I reckon they could have scaled them down to Gnaw size and perhaps done a two-pack at the Deluxe price level or even a three-pack at the voyager price level. That said, we have a CHUG Allicon! I'd buy it no matter what, I'm just grateful it exists. I've been messing with it every day since I got it a week ago.
    If I take away my personal bias it's a pretty average toy, with my biggest gripe being that the hands don't fold away in the beast mode.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 6th October 2020 at 10:50 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

The gator mode is underwhelming, but have wanted one of these ever since I saw the animated movie.

I have now had the opportunity to play with the figure, and absolutely love him. He?s a really simple transformation (which won?t make everyone happy), but its still really fun and I love the added extra of a dagger/sword weapon. Unfortunately we?re probably unlikely to see this released at Australian retail being the tail end of the Earthrise line...... and even if we did, I could see it becoming hard to find as people try to army build them. I really love him though and will have to track another one or two down, as well as some sharkticons.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I had very low expectations, I really only even bought him because he was in stock at Amazon au already so it was cheap, quick and easy to get hold of him. I've never been one to army build but if I see this guy at retail I will definitely buy more, I really love him. There are so many options for storage and placement of the weapons that you could buy half a dozen and configure them all differently - or just have one kitted out with six spears, and tail daggers growing out of the legs, shoulders and poorly-hidden robot mode hands. Which would be ridiculous but fun.

Beautiful sculpting and spot on colours but this is one god awful transformer through and through. At first glance both his bot and alt mode lack any semblance of dynamism which creates a level of frustration reminiscent of the original ninja turtles action figures from the 80's/90's. Though one can argue a lack of dynamism is perfectly faithful to the source material. Upon closer inspection though he does have large feet, magic ankles and swivelwrists which, combined with his surprisingly balanced centre of gravity, allows for some limited nifty poses. Further redemption comes with the fact that he is not a partsformer like Arcee, he is simply packaged as one.

Still though, I can't help but be disappointed. If this is a taste/preview of what our beasts are going to be treated in Kingdom, I am not looking forward to it. Hopefully this guy was simply design-buddies with Cyberverse Gnaw.

On that note, any idea what the slot on the gator nose is for? Are we in for some kind of Centurion style accessory pack in future?

To be fair to te designers, they don't really have a lot to work with. Even in the movie the transformation is 'sightly hunch over'. It's just not an exciting design.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.