View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 66.67%
  • Only if cheap

1 16.67%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

0 0%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Not even interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - EXHAUST (Generations Selects)

Default Toy Review - EXHAUST (Generations Selects)

DECEPTICON EXHAUST
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - War For Cybertron Trilogy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Repaint and retool of Earthrise Wheeljack
    Wave - N/A
    Released here - N/A (Generations Selects exclusive, Jun 2020)
    Approximate Retail Price - approx. $32 before shipping
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Mercenary
    Sub-Group - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - white, burgundy, black
    Main Accessories - x1 gun (faux missile launcher)

NOTE: This toy is a repaint/retool of Earthrise Wheeljack. Refer to that review thread for comments about the original mould as this thread will focus on changes made.

Thoughts:
    HasTak have done will in creating an Exhaust toy that is immediately recognisable as Exhaust, but also different enough that should make it harder for Philip Morris to take legal action over the Marlboro logo. The red has been replaced with a darker burgundy colour, and the pattern is nothing like the distinctive Marlboro chevron. Decepticon Exhaust also sports several fictitious "sponsor" logos including:
    + Exhuast (sic)
    + Bandit
    + ディセプティコン ("Decepticon")
    + Royal (crown)
    + A logo with a number 7 with 2D6
    Decepticon Exhaust also features the original 598 from the original Diaclone toy. I'm not sure if Hasbro were unable to secure the rights for the name Exhaust or if it was deliberately avoided. Either way, the result is that this toy's name is officially "Decepticon Exhaust," and the words "Exhuast" appear on logos obviously because they couldn't fit "Decepticon Exhaust" into a little oval.

I felt that the wings looked too dull just in white, blending with the rest of the body - so I went and painted mine blue.

I also painted the missile silver and added Decepticon logo stickers. I was going to put a sticker over the Mercenary logo on the chest but ended up changing my mind. Now he's both!

Overall:
    I skipped Earthrise Wheeljack as I already have United and MP Wheeljack, and having gotten Decepticon Exhaust I'm glad that I made that decision as now my CHUG Wheeljack and Exhaust are entirely different moulds. This was the first time that I'd handled this mould and I'm quite impressed as it really does feel like a "poor man's Masterpiece," which I mean as a compliment. As with Wheeljack, Exhaust has no other weapon beside the one missile launcher, although it can be either shoulder mounted or hand held. My main gripe with this toy is that the head does require some excessive force to swing inside the chest during transformation. My advice is to use a tiny pistol grip with your thumb pushing up behind the head and the index finger pulling in. I suspect that those of you who already have ER Wheeljack will already be familiar with this issue.

Wasn't going to get Exhaust but after seeing a bunch of good reviews I jumped on Zings pre-order. I'm always keen to get more Decepticon cars to go with Menasor and Rodimus Unicronus. Hopefully Runabout isn't too hard to get.