Thread: New Age Lucifer vs mainline Earthrise Starscream

Default New Age Lucifer vs mainline Earthrise Starscream

Seeking opinions. Without regard for whether Hasbro made it or someone else, which one is objectively better? Sculpt, paint, articulation, transformation, sturdiness, gaps or lack thereof, accessories and so on. Cannot find any YouTube video comparisons so seeking your collective wisdom.

I have ER Starscream and NewAge Samael (their Skywarp).

Objectively, Samael is a much better figure in every respect. Cleaner jet mode and robot mode, less undercarriage, better transformation, more accessories, more poseable.

The only real downside is that it's legends size, which isn't really my thing.

There are OS KOs of the NewAge seekers coming in November which might interest you. $44SGD (about 50aud) for the full set of three. They're going to be roughly deluxe sized.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Oh damn yeah I didn't realise New Age were smaller than the mainline ER seekers! Still makes the engineeing etc all the more impressive. Thanks for the tip re: KOs - if they are good quality I may be interested...still have bad memories of really poor quality KOs from the early 2000s...

Yes New Age is *much* smaller, think Legends size. I actually love them, but the transformation isn?t nearly as fun or satisfying as a Voyager Earthrise Seeker. Holding one in your hands..... the size difference reminded me of holding G1 Starscream in my hands as a kid. It?s big, and a beautiful toy to have.

You can still pick them up easily at Big W or other retailers, or Amazon.

The price, too for a New Age product isn?t great. Lucifer is nice to have one of, but would be really expensive to have a seeker army for. It?s quite overpriced.

If you wanted a small toy, you?d be better to get Iron Factorty Seekers. Fun transformation, pocket sized.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Ah fair enough. No it was more of a case of me contemplating replacing my ER Starscream with the New Age version. Probably wouldn't though given the size difference. I wish New Age made CHUG size.

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    Ah fair enough. No it was more of a case of me contemplating replacing my ER Starscream with the New Age version. Probably wouldn't though given the size difference. I wish New Age made CHUG size.
    I'm with you there. The NA seekers are complex and poseable enough to warrant being made at a larger size.

The KOs are likely going to be of a good standard, and just a head or so shorter than the 06 Seeker mold. The companies doing KOs of 3P figures know their target audience.

Just going to chime in and say the Newage seeker mold is possibly the most clever G1 seeker toy I've encountered. If they scaled it way up and worked on the backpack an other details a bit it could make a fine Masterpiece. I don't have Voyager Starscream so I can't say how the two compare. I will say that even though he is smaller Lucifer's materials and build feel a lot nicer than my Voyager Snapdragon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Just going to chime in and say the Newage seeker mold is possibly the most clever G1 seeker toy I've encountered. If they scaled it way up and worked on the backpack an other details a bit it could make a fine Masterpiece. I don't have Voyager Starscream so I can't say how the two compare. I will say that even though he is smaller Lucifer's materials and build feel a lot nicer than my Voyager Snapdragon though.
    Agree with all of this. The way that the tail fins suck into the robot calves is amazing. I also love the way that the chest intakes and abs roll out of the nose of the craft, instead of just dangling underneath like every other Starscream ever.