Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New JPN Generation Selects Abominus set

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    . But what on earth is Angolmoa and Anglomois?
    Essentially Unicron's dispersed energy. A corrupting influence, but an energy able to bestow life on machines.

After reading through the wiki, it would seem this manga might be the first one to acknowledge angolmoa in Japanese. It calls it both Angolmoa and Angolmois energy I don't know why they insist on adding energy after it everytime. Is there angolmoa lollies they can eat?

Welp there's a big gaping hole in knowledge of TF lore.

At some point I do want to watch Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. There are fan subs out there, just never been a priority.

I didn't know much about it either until recently, when it popped up on something about a year ago (probably on one of these new TT comics), and I had to read up on it on tfwiki... but it just felt more like a weird mcguffin plot device that didn't need remembering.

The name is weird too... I'm hoping it is derived from something in one of the human languages (english, latin, etc)... as it is really difficult to pronounce if it was just a made up word.

The notes on TFwiki say it stems from Nostradamus.

Just doing some googling of the name as is and it seems to have been used in some games and anime as well Most of the results are Japanese pages. Looking at the Nostradamus page on Wikipedia, a quick control F doesn't find anything.

So it must have sounded cool, kind of conspiratorial and mystical to Japanese people and it caught on from that.

Still, it's awkward, long and doesn't sound all that cool to me.

It's hard enough keeping over 35 years of Hasbro TF lore straight. Adding Takara lore into the mix is beyond most people. Both because of the language barrier and the fact it's an additional 35 years of lore on top of Hasbro's 35 years.

Personally, I can barely keep G1 cartoon canon straight in my head so I don't even try.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It was in the second series of IDW's Beast Wars comic... I had to look it up at the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's hard enough keeping over 35 years of Hasbro TF lore straight. Adding Takara lore into the mix is beyond most people. Both because of the language barrier and the fact it's an additional 35 years of lore on top of Hasbro's 35 years.

Personally, I can barely keep G1 cartoon canon straight in my head so I don't even try.
    That's because you are assuming G1 Cartoon had canon....

It's a glorified toy commercial.... having a story and lore was an afterthought

35 years of stuff from different people with different ideas, sometimes not knowing what the others have planned makes it hard to coordinate.

Takaratomy released a vol 2 of Abominus a day or two ago. Japanese version is :
    https://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/...ics_second.pdf

I'm working on it now, so if you are wondering, please stand by

TakaraTomy have tweeted out a number of comparison images of their new release Terrorcons next to the original release of the POTP Terrorcons, to show the various differences between them.