View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 61.54%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

2 15.38%
  • No

1 7.69%
  • Not even interested

2 15.38%

Thread: Toy Review - AIRWAVE (Earthrise)

Default Toy Review - AIRWAVE (Earthrise)

AIRWAVE (Decepticon Airwave)
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Earthrise
    Hypo-line - War For Cybertron Trilogy
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - ?? 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $35
    Approximate Size - 12.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Sub-Group - Macromaster
    Alt-mode - airport
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Modulator, A.I.R. Lock system
    Main Colours - blue, grey, amber
    Main Accessories - 3-part blaster/lance

ROBOT MODE

Note that there are two "dead" Mini-Con ports on the shoulders.

With Over-Air (which I've repurposed as Airwave by slapping a Decepticon logo over the Autobot one )

Airport mode, forwards configuration

Comparison with G1

I like how ER Airwave has much longer runways, but unfortunately they're just too small. G1 Airwave's runways are wide enough to easily fit a Micromaster jet in each lane, whereas ER Airwave's runways are so narrow that a Siege/ER Micromaster jet crosses over two lanes. So proportionately it's half-sized.

Airport mode, lengthwise configuration

Comparison with G1

Again, the ER is superior in having greater length, but inferior in insufficient width. The jet cannot even pass the building without clipping a wing!

Battle station mode

Comparison with G1

Far too small to even fit a Micromaster inside. Overair cannot even stand up and there's barely enough room for him to sit (there's no head clearance). He looks more like he's sitting on a Combat Loo.

In fact...

That's more like it!

Overall Thoughts
    As a stand alone toy Airwave looks quite nice. The more detailed and longer runways are things that I do quite like on this toy. The robot mode looks "Ironfist-esque." I also like how the gun resembles a lance. The main drawback is in its limited capacity as an interactive playset with Micromasters given its diminutive size. I understand that Ironworks and Greasepit are also relatively undersized compared to their G1 counterparts too, but at least they can still hold CHUG Micromaster figures adequately.

Okay, that is a really tiny balcony, but it's still a functional balcony -- a Micromaster can still stand there. Airwave has no standing room and barely enough sitting room. It really doesn't work as an interactive battle station for a Micromaster figure. As such I can only recommend this toy if:
    a/ You don't mind or care that it doesn't work as a play set.
    b/ You're looking to complete the CHUG Micromaster Stations.

Everybody should have all of the MM sets <3

I've already gotten 2 of him, and I wouldn't mind a few more tbh

Airwave https://imgur.com/gallery/2w17v1E
    Last edited by SMHFConvoy; 15th October 2020 at 08:05 AM.

Best Micromaster base (or 'modulator' if you will) yet. He's a lot more configuration friendly than Ironworks which makes him a great deal of fun to play with.

Also if you use your imagination for scale, he really pulls off the giant piloted battlemech vibe

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Best Micromaster base (or 'modulator' if you will) yet. He's a lot more configuration friendly than Ironworks which makes him a great deal of fun to play with.

Also if you use your imagination for scale, he really pulls off the giant piloted battlemech vibe
    Lint, you need to dust behind that TV man! ;p
    I agree here, out of the er, two modulators I have (ironworks is the other), I like this guy more. His panels allow for good ramping and his overall build makes him looks like walking mega bot.

yes, I too thought he pulls off a giant battlemech vibe. With the tank treads and runways in his vehicle/base mode, I get a bit of a Metroplex feeling from him. Plus he's a nice, bright, Autobot coloured Decepticon. That's a rarity if ever I saw one!
    Kinda glad I got another one in the Botropolis pack!
    While this guy is a TTmall exclusive, and I missed out on the first batch, TTmall had a re-run, so was able to nab one. After I'd ordered the Botrolpolis set though. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Lint, you need to dust behind that TV man! ;p
    Lint by name, lint by nature. Sorry couldn't resist .

Impressed with Ironworks because I've got nothing like it in my collection but now I've got one that's better....Airwave.