Thread: Legends scale?

Default Legends scale?

Hey, I'm just wondering if when I see new 3p Transformers listed and they say Legends scale are they referring to the Legends size class or the Takara Legends line?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Legends size class. As in, tiny.

NewAge, Iron Factory, and MechFansToys are all legends sized figures.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

That's disappointing. I really want some figures to fill in the gaps in my CHUG lineup. So much of the 3P makers seem obsessed with Masterpiece.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'm also pretty sure they usually mean the old/original Legends class (eg Cybertron, Movie, Universe 2.0, ROFT), the size/price point that became Legion class (DOTM, TFPrime) not the CW/TR/POTP Legends class (which is closer to the old BW Basic Energon/Cybertron Scout class).

So many confusing reused names out there!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    That's disappointing. I really want some figures to fill in the gaps in my CHUG lineup. So much of the 3P makers seem obsessed with Masterpiece.
    I know right. I do wish there was more in the style of upmarket CHUG.

Your main options in terms of ongoing lines are essentially

- MMC's Revisted line, which is mostly IDW comic accurate stuff at CHUG voyager sizepoint. To be fair, this line is one of the best third party lines out. I've had a few from this line (Catilla, Drift, Wing) and they're amazing figures.
    - Planet-X's stuff, which is based mostly off the Fall of Cybertron game and is roughly voyager sized. If you're after super nice versions of the FoC Dinobots, Seekers, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Ironhide/Ratchet designs, they're worth getting. They've got a Shockwave coming up soon too. I've got their Starscream and Grimlock and both are excellent figures.
    - FansProject figures, but a lot of them are the better part of a decade old now. At the time their wow factor was having CHUG style headmasters, but then Titans Returns happened and suddenly having a Weirdwolf or Mindwipe in the deluxe sizepoint was available to all. I've owned quite a lot of FP stuff and I've enjoyed almost all of it. Their Menasor is one of my favourite sets ever, if you can track it down. I sold mind about five years ago after moving out of home, and I want to re-buy it at some point.
    - SXS is a small, sporadically updated line that is more IDW comic accurate that G1 figure/toon accurate, and is also at voyager size. Their Lost Light Hot Rod is an amazing figure, and their Blurr looks great.

If you like the legends designs it might be worth your while keeping an eye on the KO market. I know that there's a knock off the NewAge seekers coming that are going to be roughly the size of a CHuG deluxe (given the disparity in size between WFCE Cliffjumper and Hoist though I suppose that could mean anything).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Yeah, I just opened up a Maketoys Sonicdrill figure I've had sitting around for a while and I'm really liking it. 3rd Party CHUG stuff was great.

EDIT - Just transformed him yesterday. Ooof. Not Fun.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 17th October 2020 at 04:30 PM.

Hope this isn't hijacking the thread, but here is core class Prime (an official toy of course) comparison with some 3P "legend" scale figures I own. The Bluestreak and Megatron are NewAge, the Exhaust is by Toyworld.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.