Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Fan First Friday OCT 16th

(images and details added to first posting)

Windstorm and Stingracer (redeco of Earthrise Trip-Up and Daddy-O - not sure which is which but both are said to be homages to MASK toys Hurricane and Venom.

Windstorm should be the blue one (MASK Hurricane homage)
    Stingracer should be the orange one (MASK Stinger homage)

For those wondering...

Barricade (YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!) is the blue one. Motorhead is the yellow car.

Wheelblaze and is partner Roadburner are the MM Combiners. (Not to be confused with the other type of MM Combiner.

And as Paul mentioned Stingray and Windstorm are the others.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hope a 3P company does a crane piece for "Roadburner" as that cannon just kills it. I checked on my Siege Power Punch last night and that cannon piece can pop out, so should be an easy swap if someone does an upgrade.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Got my MM pack on order from Amazon US and Thrust on order at RK.

Hopefully Amazon AU will list the MM pack so I can move my order over.

Also given the rarity of the Coneheads I feel I got a good deal on Thrust. Pretty much cost the same as Voyager at retail plus shipping.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I don't like Hotrod being a Voyager, despite Kup and Blurr being Deluxe toys, and Hotrod should be smaller (being the young Autobot), so should at the very least, be the same size or smaller than those two Deluxe toys.
    I can understand Grimlock being packaged as a Leader with Wheelie... but Wheelie is not transformable? That's so stupid. How difficult would it be to make him fold in half and be a non-earthen vehicle. Shrinking toy sizes and bumping up size classes to take advantage of collectors is not good... but if these are toys that have no (or minimal) redeco potential, it would explain the motives (like the more expensive recent Masterpiece toys that have limited re-use of the moulds, so have to cost more to make money).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Windstorm should be the blue one (MASK Hurricane homage)
    Stingracer should be the orange one (MASK Stinger homage)
    I wasn't sure which was which, but Stingracer as a Stinger homage makes sense.
    I was surprised that they were doing MASK homages, since there are still so many *Transformers* Micromasters still left to be able to homage (even if the alt-modes were a little off, it hasn't stopped them before if the colours matched)... which are now unlikely, as this looks likely to be the last WFC Micromasters toys.

With Thrust and Runabout being US Target exclusives, I will be having words with Hasbro about it... as I was not happy with us not getting previous Target and Amazon (conehead) exclusives that us dedicate collectors wanted (the two Cyberverse sets coming here were not a priority to serious collectors).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't like Hotrod being a Voyager, despite Kup and Blurr being Deluxe toys, and Hotrod should be smaller (being the young Autobot), so should at the very least, be the same size or smaller than those two Deluxe toys.
    The production samples mirrored by TFW2005 show Hot Rod to be of similar height to Kup and Blurr, certainly not the 2 inch height difference expected if the official size classes apply to these figures.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Hot Rod is a "voyager" because he comes with a bunch of accessories

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    The production samples mirrored by TFW2005 show Hot Rod to be of similar height to Kup and Blurr, certainly not the 2 inch height difference expected if the official size classes apply to these figures.
    Yup, Hot Rod looks to be on par with the presumably average sized deluxes. Scourge is definitely more of the traditional voyager size, maybe ever so slightly short. It’s the accessories and extra detailing + parts that push Hot Rod up into voyager territory. Likewise we can guess that Kingdom Galvatron will be a shorter leader class figure closer to voyager, to be just taller than Cyclonus and Scourge.

I am expecting the rumoured deluxe Gnaw (pretty much confirmed at this point given everything else was correct) will be on the smaller deluxe size, maybe a bit more short and chubby.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The others come with accessories, even in addition to their weapons... so for Hotrod to have 3 extra tiny accessories (matrix, matrix glow, saw) doesn't justify an extra 50% price tag... which will be a $50 price tag here for a toy that is the same size as the $30 toys on the shelf next to it.
    I think when people get it in hand, they might be more willing to question if a deluxe sized toy with 3 small, display-only accessories is really worth $50. That sort of price difference warrants a significant amount or size of accessories, like recent MP toys with an excessive amount of accessories that get used once, or not at all.

Looking at my Prime Wars display shelves next to my desk, the Voyagers are about 50% bigger than their Deluxe counterparts (especially the combiner teams that have the Voyagers next to their Deluxe limbs, who each have accessories (hand/foot) that are bigger than the combined volume of Hotrod's 3 non-weapon accessories).

The toys look nice, and will play & display nicely, but I'm just disappointed that Hasbro are selling toys of a particular size-class, in a more expensive size-class.