Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyberverse TV Movies announced

Default Cyberverse TV Movies announced

Last week at a Licensing event, Hasbro (America) revealed that they have planned two TV Movies for Cyberverse, each being 44 minutes (which would be an hour on commercial TV... so not really what I would call a "movie", but with regular episodes now only 11 minutes, the shorter attention span of children these days probably wouldn't be able to do a full length 80+ minute Movie).

This led someone to finding a synopsis online....

Bumblebee, with the help of stowaway Dinobots Sludge, Snarl, Swoop, and Slug, and the Autobots set up a plan to takedown Megatron-X.
    At least with the cartoon series ending with a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions, these could help tie things up... or just be there to advertise some more toys, and not end up resolving anything.
    (I didn't think that there were any more toys coming for Cyberverse though... so we could just end up with even more featured characters that never get toys.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Last week at a Licensing event, Hasbro (America) revealed that they have planned two TV Movies for Cyberverse, each being 44 minutes (which would be an hour on commercial TV... so not really what I would call a "movie", but with regular episodes now only 11 minutes, the shorter attention span of children these days probably wouldn't be able to do a full length 80+ minute Movie).

This led someone to finding a synopsis online....

At least with the cartoon series ending with a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions, these could help tie things up... or just be there to advertise some more toys, and not end up resolving anything.
    (I didn't think that there were any more toys coming for Cyberverse though... so we could just end up with even more featured characters that never get toys.)
    There's a Walmart listing for Cyberverse deluxe figures of Prowl, Soundwave and Starscream.

The two Cyberverse TV "movies" have had their titles and descriptions revealed...

Movie 1:

• Title: The Immobilizers
    • Running Time: 44 Minutes
    • Official Synopsis: The entire planet of Cybertron becomes frozen in time.

Movie 2:

• Title: The Perfect Decepticon
    • Running Time: 44 Minutes
    • Official Synopsis: The peace treaty between the Autobots and the Decepticons is put to the test.
    I would be guessing that these would be released some time around the middle of the year, if more Cyberverse toys are planned for this year.

The two Cyberverse movies (tentatively referred to as Season 4) are scheduled for release on November 21st.... on Netflix.
    It is a growing shift of Hasbro product to this particular paid global streaming service, which is likely to affect us outside of America, preventing those of us who don't pay for TV to be unable to see Transformers cartoons (legally)... particularly with it being unlikely that we will see any more cartoons released on a physical format (DVD/BR).

I wonder if this shift will help or hurt Hasbro sales, as the money they will lose from less toys being bought (less people see the cartoon "advertisement" on paid mediums to want the "merchandise" that we call toys), might be made up from the increased revenue they make from those paid mediums (if they get paid a rate from Netflix based on the number of viewers).

Over half of Australian households have Netflix and I’ve seen Netflix shows like Voltron appear later on ABC Kids so don’t worry about it. They are better off on that platform then on our free to air TV channels.

Eight and a half months after the plots of the two Season 4 mini-movies were revealed, we have the plots listed at another source which adds a little bit to the end of each description that may or may not be a spoiler...

The Immobilizer
    When the entire planet of Cybertron becomes frozen in time, it’s up to Grimlock and his new Dinobot friends to save everyone!

The Perfect Decepticon
    The peace treaty between the Autobots and Decepticons is put to the test when Tarn arrives bringing a war from another reality.
    These should still be released onto Netflix on November 21st.

If it is still going to be on Netflix on November 21st, I am expecting that it will be accessible here on Netflix as well... but for those who don't pay for their TV, it is scheduled to be on channel 9Go (often be channel 99 in some areas), between December 7th and 10th (one 22 minute "episode" per day, which means each 44 minute mini-movie is split up over two days, which will be a 30 minute timeslot each day with commercials).
    Last edited by griffin; 30th October 2021 at 03:17 PM.

It looks like Canadian fans will be seeing the final episodes of Cyberverse 2 weeks before Americans and the rest of the world, as they have it scheduled for airing on Sunday November 7th.
    That will mean a month of spoilers around the net (and from pirated copies) before free-to-air viewers here get to see it.

A new trailer came out and it does appear at least one eps been seen (based on comments on Twitter) but in some cases people got copies in advance for review purposes.

Netflix Australia still only has the first two seasons of Cyberverse available. I gather the third one was the best one? Hopefully if "season four/movies" are coming to Netflix they'll add season three too.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The third season? Well, my evalution is like this:

1st season - scrappy, kiddy, not too bad but not very good either. Trying to work out what it is, and taking too long to do so.
    2nd season - picks up greatly, and is good rollicking fun - this is the stuff!
    3rd season - goes bonkers. No further description required, so long as you understand bonkers to be a positive superlative

The 4th season has quite the expectations to meet, and that preview suggests that it might just do it.