Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Photos of Studio Series 86 Hotrod and Jazz Revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I had to google this myself (google ?14 words?, and you?ll find its actually a very racist white supremecist saying), but outside of those circles its not widely known, and I?m sure was unintentional on Hasbro?s part. But I?ll be taking SMHFConvoy?s advice and using isopropyl alcohol to remove it. I?m hoping there will be toyhax reprolabels for the bonnet of the car as well.
    I just hope the doors aren't a painted transparent plastic, it doesn't look like it but once reviews go up we'll know.

Like wise with whether the vehicle mode is or isn't licensed we'll know once you can get your hands on the box.

They do tend to at least mention in the product description whether it's licensed or not, like Netflix Bumblebee for example says Volkswagen or Off-road Bumblebee says Jeep, so there's a good chance Jazz isn't licensed. Do feel that they've done enough to differentiate from the real-world car anyway.

Who cares if the number 14 has some sort of relation to nut jobs. It's a number to me, don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Bad View Post
    Who cares if the number 14 has some sort of relation to nut jobs. It's a number to me, don't care.
    It's more concerning that this is the second Jazz figure that has had this sort of crap happen to and seeing as G1 Jazz is coded as a POC it's disrespectful to the character of Jazz and the voice actor Scatman Crothers.

As to you not caring, I can only guess you've never been discriminated against.

I guess that means the 1986 movie toys are the ones being shown off by Hasbro tonight... and since the advance notice of the live reveal was only 2 days ago I guess they are just trying to keep up with the leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    It's more concerning that this is the second Jazz figure that has had this sort of crap happen to and seeing as G1 Jazz is coded as a POC it's disrespectful to the character of Jazz and the voice actor Scatman Crothers.

As to you not caring, I can only guess you've never been discriminated against.
    I have not been discriminated against no and I don't discriminate against others.
    And what do you mean Jazz is coded as a POC? Transformers don't have nationalities.
    MAGA isn't racist, it's just someone that supports Trump as far as I know. Stupid to put it on POTP Jazz in the first place but not racist.
    Chances of there being a secret racist person working within Hasbro is most likely very slim.

You said yourself you just found out that the number 14 "means something", as in you had to seek out the information. Being upset about the number and wanting it removed just gives these people more power. We shouldn't let them have some sort of "ownership" over a simple number. Imagine if some nut job group used Elmo as their symbol and Sesame Street removed the character for this reason.

I like the Jazz box artwork - the smiling expression really suits the character. The backdrops look like they might be worth keeping.

What I'd suggest to you, is to reflect on this moment, see how fortunate you are for not having to deal with discrimination and maybe develop a little empathy for those who have.

I'd also think about the next time you participate in a discussion about sensitive issues maybe choose your wording carefully so you don't get called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Have they made a big deal about licensing for previous Studio Series figures, beyond a logo on the back of the box? Genuine question as I actually don't recall.
    Porsche, in general, is very picky with who they license to. Normally when someone gets a Porsche license it ends up in a press release or similar.

In a way, it really sucks that VW lets all their brands control their own licensing (which to be clear, that is how most car companies do it). Because while most car companies around the world are like "yes we would love to license our car to your project because it's advertising we get paid for". Porsche, on the other hand, is super precious about their license. I wish VW would just take over the Porsche licensing and apply some common sense to it instead of what it is now which is the brand being placed on a pedestal only certain companies are worthy to touch.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I hate that I dislike G1, yet absolutely adore these.
    Damn you, Hasbro. You win this round.