Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Photos of Studio Series 86 Hotrod and Jazz Revealed.

Default Official Photos of Studio Series 86 Hotrod and Jazz Revealed.

Like it says on the tin: SS 86 Jazz and Hotrod officially revealed, courtesy of comicbook.com

• Jazz has a "race car" mode, so no license to use the Porsche 935 alt mode.

• The 86 line is individually numbered Jazz is SS 86-01 and Hotrod is 86-04, just to make things difficult.

• Jazz's deco is "14" and not "4", probably for legal reasons, the racing stripes, numbering, etc are owned by Porsche or the car's sponsors.

• Hotrod comes with accessories and is listed as a voyager class price point.

These look amazing... can't wait to get'em

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Jazz has a "race car" mode, so no license to use the Porsche 935 alt mode.
    I don't blame you for being skeptical, but I'm very confident that it's licensed. The vehicle details match up pretty closely with the real life vehicle. Sure the proportions are a bit skewed but I'm gonna put that down to movie accuracy. I'd be amazed if they could get away with doing an alt mode that close without stepping on Porsche's toes, just look at how radically different RTS and POTP Jazz's alt modes were to get around licensing.

Jazz's deco is "14" and not "4", probably for legal reasons, the racing stripes, numbering, etc are owned by Porsche or the car's sponsors.
    I think in part that would be due to movie accuracy and also they probably didn't want to bother just getting permission just for the 4, so they added a 1 which they know every man and his dog will scrub off as soon as it's out of the box.

But hey, even if it's not licensed it's damn near close enough that I'm more than satisfied. Thank you Hasbro!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I didn't know this until today but 14 is a hate symbol (and I think it just landed me in Twitter jail by accident.)

Now this is the second time a Jazz figure has been problematic, the first was when a graphic designer created a Cybertronian MAGA tampo for POTP Jazz, Hasbro was quick to denounce the tampo application and now the 14 which relates to... Ugh look it up, I don't want to discuss it here.

It's just that twice is more than coincidence and it's possible that someone within the Transformers team is ugh and has urggh, an agenda. Poor Jazz, at least there's toyhax or a gentle application of isopropyl alcohol to remove the 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I don't blame you for being skeptical, but I'm very confident that it's licensed.
    I'm just quoting comicbook.com there, I'm not here for the portrayal of accuracy but we'll probably find out once the toy is released if it's licensed by Porsche. I agree that it's a great representation of Jazz.

If Jazz was licensed they would have made a big deal of it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If Jazz was licensed they would have made a big deal of it.
    Have they made a big deal about licensing for previous Studio Series figures, beyond a logo on the back of the box? Genuine question as I actually don't recall.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Jazz fans rejoice! I bet 2 and 3 are the leaders

I didn't know this until today but 14 is a hate symbol (and I think it just landed me in Twitter jail by accident.)
    I had to google this myself (google ?14 words?, and you?ll find its actually a very racist white supremecist saying), but outside of those circles its not widely known, and I?m sure was unintentional on Hasbro?s part. But I?ll be taking SMHFConvoy?s advice and using isopropyl alcohol to remove it. I?m hoping there will be toyhax reprolabels for the bonnet of the car as well.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!