2 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Back To The Future x Transformers Gigawatt

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    My version has black tinted windows rather than pitch black. So it's still unsightly behind the windscreen.
    They are all the same windows

You'd think that Transformers with junk behind the windscreen didn't exist before this came along.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    They are all the same windows
    I've seen promo shots where they're pitch black but maybe they've just been doctored.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I've seen promo shots where they're pitch black but maybe they've just been doctored.
    They look darker because of the angle of the shot and the doors are shut.

heres a photo of mine

Recieved mine yesterday and I am pretty pleased with it. The DeLorean is such a nice looking vehicle and they've done a great job on the paint work.

From initial images, the scratching on the bonnet looked a bit too Siege-style mess for my liking, but in person it's very subtle and adds a very nice brushed metal style look to the car. It reminds me of my fridge(a good thing).
    Some little touches really make this toy great, like the wheels flooding in for Hover mode, the additional Mr Fusion piece and the little moulded in flux capacitors over his body (there's one on each knee). Even the goggle noggin' looks better than I thought. Articulation is pretty nice, transformation is smooth, but unexciting and as you'd expect. the only surprise I had was that the big black things on the back of the car fold in to the calves of the robot. They could've easily left them to start sticking out without that movement, but it's there and better for it. About my only major complaint (and it's rather minor considering) is that his head is rather recessed in between the shoulders, or the top of the bonnet comes up too high. I would've likes if you could raise the head a little bit more so he isn't always trying to peep over his collar. Like the guy is unable to see his feet!

All things considered though, I suspect if I diaply this guy it will be on a flight stand in vehicle mode. But it is nice to know that f I do go for robot mode, he can be happy with his fellow time traveler Heinlad.

All things considered, a bit expensive for what you get, but not ridiculously so. (O he has a really nice box as well).

Finally caved in and got this guy and glad I did - my number one gripe is that the bot mode is so bland and wastes most of the iconic Delorean details. BUT it's an easy fix.

Just have his waist/legs backwards! It's like Alternators Prowl all over again, I don't know why this wasn't worked to be the proper transformation. It sacrifices some knee mobility, but gains a whole bunch of recognisable details from the car, with the big black exhausts as his knee pads. He lacks obvious feet this way but it's an overall improvement IMHO.