Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP MP Spinout and Arcee in-hand photos

I think it's amazing that here we have two Countache car toys and they look remarkably different.

When i got Sideswipe, I thought " OH man, this is a perfect contache model"
    But then seeing it next to Sunstraker/SPinout, you can see that the newer one is a better car model as well. Amazing.

Unless they are based off of different models/years of the contache?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This is close to what I want to see. I if I may put a request in I'd like to see MP Spinout (with his rear-mounted engine exposed) next to MP Sideswipe.

Even though the engine would have been exposed on one, you can see from this picture why Budiansky called the two red Lamborghinis twins when he was coming up with their bios.
    Here's the vintage version in the meantime.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Unless they are based off of different models/years of the contache?
    Don't forget that MP Sunstreaker is about double the price of MP Lambor - so perhaps having a bigger budget meant that they could make a nicer looking car mode.

Heh, I remember when MP12 came out and I thought that it was expensive for what it was. About the same price as a Binaltech car but no die-cast metal, no detailed interior, no working steering, no bonnet/engine, no boot, no internal weapon storage etc. But admittedly MPs do have to work around trying to look like the G1 model which BTs didn't have to - they had relatively more creative freedom in that regard. BTs are practically cheap Mini-Bots compared to MP Cars now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Here's the vintage version in the meantime.

Nice. A little less similar to each other than than the MPs

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd like to see a photo of MP Spinout next to MP Tigertrack

Here you go, maybe Griffin could mirror the rest if you don't have Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3VEUVAN49/

Last edited by Ravagecat; 28th October 2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Damn this looks good. Nice photos, Ravagecat!

Also, I did wish my Sunstreaker came with them red shoulder stickers...
    Cheers Mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

This is close to what I want to see. I if I may put a request in I'd like to see MP Spinout (with his rear-mounted engine exposed) next to MP Sideswipe.

Even though the engine would have been exposed on one, you can see from this picture why Budiansky called the two red Lamborghinis twins when he was coming up with their bios.

Here You Go

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Is SS longer in car mode?
    No, Maybe a tad wider though

Thanks!!

Big thanks to Griffin for lending me his Early Release Copy of MP-39+ Spin-Out to play with and Photograph!

Admittedly Spin-Out was my first experience with this mold, I own MP-39 and MP-42 but they had been sitting in my to-open pile since their release…Getting early access to MP-39+ has inspired me to open them since…

First Impressions (Spin-Out)- This is a great toy, feels solid in hand, has a fun transform, the robot mode is well proportioned and articulated and the car mode is a great representation of a Lamborghini Contach LP500 coloured in the finest shade of Lamborghini Red to boot…

He comes with all the previous accessories offered with his predecessors except for the Chip Chase figure and Wheelchair allowing for a good combination of display variety and action poses.
    The included stickers are worth applying and definitely enhance the look of the Spin-Out toy IMO and they even give you some extra red stickers to compliment your MP-39 Sunstreaker though you could probably give the car mode ones a miss as they look a little out of place and require two stickers one of which needs to be folded around a curve (never a good mix in my experience) the red robot shoulder stickers are the standout preference for Sunny IMO

If you are new to the mold there are a couple of small pitfalls to be mindful of when transforming any of these three.

1. The front windscreen – from what I’ve read it is prone to cracking on Sunstreaker if too much force is exerted or even just from moving it in and out of place. You would hope they have improved/fixed this by Spin-Out but you never know. With my Sunstreaker it kept popping of all the time, Cordon , I don't think it came off once, Spinout I think it may of popped of a few times. Try to avoid holding the windscreen when moving this section around, there are other parts to this section you can push/pull on to get it in place. If it pops off during transformation, best to leave it off until you get the rest of the parts in place then slide it back on.

2. When converting back to car, the elbows need to slightly concertina on themselves into the forearms before you swing the arms up to form the back of the car. Don’t try to force the elbow into the required position as you firstly need slide his elbow (red section of arm on Spin-Out) a few millimetres up at the pin. This give you the clearance required to concertina his elbow into the black forearm section.

3. When transforming back to car, the arms swing out and up above his head, don’t forget to turn his shoulder spurs 180 degrees to allow clearance of the head and there are also two pegs on the back end of the cars side panels (looking top down) that hold the chest in place for robot mode. Make sure these are pushed back down flush otherwise you will never get the engine cover panel in place.

Now that I have handled all three of this mold, Sunstreaker is the worst as far as QC. I had lots of trouble with panels not lining up and joint tightness or lack thereof – particularly the doors and the mid-section connectors when compared to the other two.
    They definitely tweaked the mold for Cordon as he was a substantially improved play experience for me. Everything on him felt firm and lined up with ease. Though he has the least accessories of the three I really like his police colouring and decals and overall look!
    Unfortunately Spin-Out felt like a slight step backwards as far as QC compared to Cordon but nowhere near as bad as Sunstreaker. The doors felt slightly looser than Cordon and there were a few panels that needed a bit of mucking around with before they mostly lined up. This could just be because it is a pre-release sample and /or as Griffin mentioned the plastic insert was completely crushed in an undamaged outer box which could have been the cause of some of these issues.

Worth getting?

Yes IMHO

- Great looking robot mode
    - Even Better looking LP500/LP500S car mode
    - Great assortment of accessories and optional stickers
    - Awesome colour
    - Fun to transform
    - If you don’t have any of these molds, what are you waiting for? Though I’d recommend Cordon or Spin-out from my own play experience.
    - You probably have MP-39, MP-42 already so why not get a third…
    - You really want those red shoulder stickers for Sunny...

I will be posting up on my Instagram page over the coming days some robot comparison pictures of Spin-Out and his mold buddies then once I have time some group shots of Spin-out with all of his other Car-Robots/Diaclone Friends so Stay Tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Here you go, maybe Griffin could mirror the rest if you don't have Instagram
    Thank you! Do you mind if I share these images (with credit to you, of course)?