Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JP MP Spinout and Arcee in-hand photos

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thank you! Do you mind if I share these images (with credit to you, of course)?
    Your Welcome and go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thank you! Do you mind if I share these images (with credit to you, of course)?
    https://i.imgur.com/ZIlnadU.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/em2JLOC.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/F6wA1cQ.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/eL90xT6.jpg

Here are the rest as it may be easier to grab them from Imgur than Insta

I can?t wait for Arcee robot mode pics. I?ve never been on the fence as much as I have with this figure. I want to like it but the front on pic makes the proportions look extremely off. I just don?t understand why they didn?t go for the toon look like every other MP they?re releasing these days.

On the fence too. Its good thst Takara bots rarely sell out quickly nowadays which gives us plenty of time to decide whether they are worth a pickup.

For those who haven't been following Ravagecat/SoundwavesCat on Instagram, he has started posting up images of the MP Arcee toy in the last couple of days.

If you have trouble accessing Instagram, TFW have mirrored most of the images here.
    Last edited by griffin; 12th November 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Alt mode looks good but no two ways about it, Arcee's bot mode isn't up to current MP standards. It's got the articulation but hasn't got the toon look. Honestly surprised this is the look they went for.

At least MP-52 Starscream look like a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those who haven't been following Ravagecat/SoundwavesCat on Instagram, he has started posting up images of the MP Arcee toy in the last couple of days.

If you have trouble accessing Instagram, TFW have mirrored most of the images here.
    Super curious griffin as to why the images aren’t posted here? Hasbro sent these to you, OTCA is your website and the only places someone can view the images are not OTCA?

Seems like you’re doing your own website a massive disservice here dude.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Super curious griffin as to why the images aren’t posted here? Hasbro sent these to you, OTCA is your website and the only places someone can view the images are not OTCA?

Seems like you’re doing your own website a massive disservice here dude.
    There were actually a few reasons....

These weren't sent for me to promote, as they were in return for some projects I have worked on... I just felt like I still needed to earn them, as I see being on those projects as reward enough (being included on something official is a fan's greatest dream). It was only when they arrived, that I saw that two of them hadn't been released yet, so thought that doing some photos or video, will be a good way to "earn" them.
    Saying that, I also didn't want anyone at Hasbro Australia getting into trouble from Hasbro America for releasing samples to fans before they were officially released, or for one fan to appear to be making money from them (even though we didn't put up a youtube video to make money from views, or have advertising on our site to generate revenue from those views or clicks... it wouldn't stop some fans complaining to Hasbro that they were playing favourites with fansites, which was a big thing about 10 years ago that put a stop to any "official" interaction with fansites).

I also wanted to share the attention, as these weren't Ozformers exclusives... if anything they were Australian exclusives, and I wanted to make sure other Australians benefited from the global attention, especially with the SS-72 Starscream toy expected to get a lot of attention for our name.
    Initially I only gave Ravagecat the MP Spinout toy (as he could do a better job of showing off the new toy with his photo skills, which he has been doing for a while now on Instagram), as I was planning to take care of Arcee myself (which would have been the Ozformers exposure). However, since I was a bit busy with some other projects (including SS-72 Starscream), it prevented me from doing all that I wanted to do with Arcee within the time frame that I had wanted... so I passed it off to Ravagecat as well (he lives nearby, and I know him enough to trust him).

I also knew that when the images would hit the internet, they would go everywhere quickly... and since I don't trust the reliability of the current server to host images that could get accessed very frequently, I told Ravagecat to just post them on his Instagram page, which would mean that by the time I posted about them here, they were already everywhere, and I could just link to his page or another fansite, because I was too busy to mirror them here (and could just use up their bandwidth instead ).

It seems weird that I'm not posting images of my toys on my site, but circumstances required other people to do it and get the attention first, as I would be generating enough attention with SS-72 Starscream to want additional attention from two other toys... especially if Starscream was the only one that Hasbro America knew that we had, so I don't want to risk the Australian branch being told to cut all ties with us, making it better to have another "non-Ozformers" site do the reveals.

Geolocked video