Thread: James Randi has died

Default James Randi has died

Loss of a great man. If you don't know who he is, look him up.

https://www.thewrap.com/james-randi-...er-dies-at-92/

That's a shame. We could use more people like him.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Rest In Peace, Mr Randi. Watch some of his programmes if you do get the chance, they were quite entertaining and enlightening

James Randi, the sceptic that p#@%*^ off Don Lane and his massive ego back in the 80's. RIP.

No one ever did win his million dollar challenge, though many tried and were debunked. It?s a shame, but he left a huge legacy for stage magicians and will be remembered
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    No one ever did win his million dollar challenge, though many tried and were debunked.
    There weren't many though. In the 51 years that Randi ran his One Million Dollar Challenge, only 7 applications were made - all failed. But seriously, in the 51 years that Randi offered to pay anyone 1 million US dollars if they can demonstrate paranormal abilities under scientific testing, only 7 applied. So an average of 1 challenge every 7.3 years. The Olympics happen more frequently than this (pandemics not withstanding)! If this stuff were real, why didn't Randi have hundreds of people beating on his door every day? If someone offered a million US bucks for something that I could actually do, hell yeah I'd take it!

But yeah, what an incredible dude. Even Penn & Teller have credited Randi as an inspiration for their own careers as magicians and skeptics - and as we know, they did that "Penn & Teller B.S." show.