Thread: Mighty Ape (New Zealand) feedback

Default Mighty Ape (New Zealand) feedback

Had my third experience with Mighty Ape today and feel they are due for some feedback.

My first experience with them was 2016 when I ordered the Platinum coneheads. Unfortunately they had some QC issues so I returned them with no fuss and full refund. Sucks that it happened but they handled it with nothing but class.

My second experience was a couple of weeks ago ordering Wave 2 micromasters from them. Selected the fastest shipping option (DHL) and they arrived in 1 day.

Third experience was this week with the Studio Series Devastator boxset. Said it was in stock on Monday so I ordered and selected the normal shipping option for $5. They shipped it on Tuesday and it arrived on Friday (for those reading this later). Considering that this is coming from New Zealand during covid times and the box is freaking massive, that's pretty impressive for $5.

So overall I'm happy with Mighty Ape and will continue to give them my business. Their prices may not be the most competitive (they're not terrible either) but rest assured they will take care of you.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I've also had 3 orders from them this year as well and agree they are really good. Fast shipping and well packed, I don't collect box packaging but none of mine were damaged.

Ordered from them as well very good company
    Although they cancelled an order due to (not there fault) supplier issue

the order that did go though came quickly though standard mail

Just curious

Tha_Phantom - are you ordering from Mighty Ape AU or Mighty Ape NZ?
    For me to order the SS Devy boxset from Mighty Ape New Zealand, it costs me $21NZ to ship the large item between the two islands.
    So to read that you can get the same item shipped from New Zealand to Australia for $5AU, annoys me a touch

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Just curious

Tha_Phantom - are you ordering from Mighty Ape AU or Mighty Ape NZ?
    For me to order the SS Devy boxset from Mighty Ape New Zealand, it costs me $21NZ to ship the large item between the two islands.
    So to read that you can get the same item shipped from New Zealand to Australia for $5AU, annoys me a touch
    From the AU site, but it came from NZ according to tracking.

EDIT: just did a dummy order on the site and the $5 option still shows up. Also provided is the tracking from my order that got delivered last Friday.

Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 29th October 2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Thanks for that

My first ordering experience with Mighty Ape isn't going well. While it's not Transformers I ordered some PC flight sim equipment from them. Despite telling me when I ordered on Thursday night they would ship on Friday, neither of them appears to have left their warehouse. One has tracking info that has never been updated, the other still shows as unfulfilled. It's not a great first impression.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    My first ordering experience with Mighty Ape isn't going well. While it's not Transformers I ordered some PC flight sim equipment from them. Despite telling me when I ordered on Thursday night they would ship on Friday, neither of them appears to have left their warehouse. One has tracking info that has never been updated, the other still shows as unfulfilled. It's not a great first impression.
    To follow up. It took until the 2nd of December to fully ship my order (ordered November 25th) and the last part of my order only arrived yesterday, 17th Dec. Also their customer support seems to be taking about 5 days to respond to any enquiry. Not a great experiernce.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.