Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beast Wars Generations book for DEC 2020

Default Beast Wars Generations book for DEC 2020

There's been a listing found for a new magazine book (mook) called Transformer Beast Wars Beast Generation (????????? ???????? ????????????)

It could be what traditionally would be called "Generations 2021" the latest in the annual guide books (mooks?) that cover all the recent releases of Transformers in Japan and the US, but the description seems to be solely BW focused.

Maybe it's something more like the original Generations book, the one that covered all the Transformers up to the Beast Era and is still the most complete book to do so. If so... I'm excited! It's a sequel I've wanted for a long time!

Amazon has it being published by Hobby Japan not Hero X so it could be completely unrelated, but similar.

Amazon.co.jp won't ship it to my Australian address though or I'd have already ordered it. Maybe Kinokuniya can get it for me, they stock heaps of these types of magazines.

My "Generations" collection so far (I love these things even if I can't read them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's been a listing found for a new magazine book (mook) called Transformer Beast Wars Beast Generation (????????? ???????? ????????????)

It could be what traditionally would be called "Generations 2021" the latest in the annual guide books (mooks?) that cover all the recent releases of Transformers in Japan and the US, but the description seems to be solely BW focused.

Maybe it's something more like the original Generations book, the one that covered all the Transformers up to the Beast Era and is still the most complete book to do so. If so... I'm excited! It's a sequel I've wanted for a long time!

Amazon has it being published by Hobby Japan not Hero X so it could be completely unrelated, but similar.
    I hope we get a BW edition, as i think the beast era is one that hasn't been featured yet, as they went back to cover the Unicron Trilogy and done everything since 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I hope we get a BW edition, as i think the beast era is one that hasn't been featured yet, as they went back to cover the Unicron Trilogy and done everything since 2007?
    The gaps are Beast Era and Unicron Trilogy/MicronLegend/Superlink/GalaxyForce. A bit of a gap in the early 2000s G1 reissues too, Book/Commerorative series, the Roadrage/Crosscut/etc releases too, but Encore is covered I'm pretty sure.

They did go back to cover RID/Car Robots in full. And one volume has a complete Micron/Mini-Con index.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Sweet. Wasn’t coming up when I searched. Or maybe it did and the image confused me!

Yeah I had troble too... but filtered by manufacturer seeming you had it as Hobby Japan and figure that's the one

The details line up. And if it's not they might send me an Ultra Beast Wars Optimus Primal instead!

Uh, so definitley not a rumour now

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/10/19/...medium=twitter

Maybe these posts should be moved to a separate thread

Looks a bit more character/fiction led - than toyline led.

The cover has been tweeted, which can be seen here for those who don't like using twitter.

As Paulbot noted in the first posting, the publication is being called a "mook", which is said to be a book that is more like a magazine (I guess small enough to not have a spine), and to be made available in stores that sell magazines, but for longer than a magazine (which would usually be a monthly publication).
    Since a number of sources (and the cover image) is saying that this thing is a "mook", it probably isn't as big as previous Generations books (no page count is noted anywhere that I can see)... and it pretty much looks like it doesn't include the annual collection of toy images like the Generations books (which sucks, as they make up a great collection).

Saying that, the price is more than what the Generations books have been priced at (usually about 3000yen), so... either it is bigger than the Generations books, or this new business just charges a lot more for their products.

The Amazon Japan listing - December 3rd - 4378yen (about AU$58-60).

I think a Mook may have a spine? Kinokuniya in Sydney is full of published materials that would fit the description of a "mook" like the yearly Generations volumes and a similar Sailor Moon magainze/book I got there. They are not "books" but maybe a bit more long lasting that a "magazine" which seems to be the definition.

The cover is reminiscent of the original Generations book.... but the sample pages aren't as year by year detailed (but other pages might be). Still I'll have my copy soon enough.