Thread: New toy reveal Thursday NOV 5th - SS-72 MV6 Starscream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New toy reveal Thursday NOV 5th - SS-72 MV6 Starscream

UPDATE - date has changed to November 5th. Details and times to be posted up later.

If everything goes according to plan (does it ever though?), Australia will be revealing a new Transformers toy on Friday, that won't be released until April 2021.

This was originally planned to be done at the Sydney Hasbro office in July as another fan-meet reveal, but Covid prevented that... and then it was moved to October (with a different toy), and once again Covid made it too risky to have it held in their offices... so we might be having the reveal done in Brisbane on that day, if the toy sample arrives in time... posted on our facebook page to keep to Hasbro's exact timeslot.
    It won't be a fan-meet reveal, as the exact time that we can post up the images and/or video is during work hours (10am Brisbane, 11am Sydney/Melbourne), and if we did a meet-up before Friday, the toy details or images are likely to be leaked, and we probably wouldn't get any more Australian reveals (it might also get some negative publicity from other parts of the country/world if we have a group of people in close proximity at this time, even if it is allowed in Brisbane).
    Instead, fans will be able to come around on the weekend (not as a set time all at once) to explore the toy (be one of the first fans in the world, 5-6 months before it gets released) and post up their own opinions and photos on their websites and socials in the days after the official reveal... but details on that will be posted up on Friday (if the toy arrives).

If the toy sample doesn't show up, or something else unforeseen happens, the new toy will still be revealed later that day by Hasbro America and the various online stores that will be allowed to list their pre-orders that day.

No details will be given before the reveal, as this is one reveal I would like to see surprise everyone, as I haven't seen it listed anywhere on the rumours/leaks listings. (I haven't told anyone what it is either, even my most trusted friends, so don't bother probing any of them either.)
    Last edited by griffin; 27th October 2020 at 07:47 PM.

Only thing I'm waiting for on this date is "the Mandalorian"

So this will be interesting then hopefully.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

^ new Transformers x The Mandalorian crossover confirmed then?

Typical... right after i spread the word about a toy reveal coming on Friday, a last minute change by Hasbro america has pushed back the reveal 1 week to NOV 5th. (This topic will be updated, and on facebook, when the new details are verified.)
    They did the same thing with the announcement of CW Devastator being re-released, after spending a few weeks working out the details for the posting.
    It now gives more time for it to be leaked before we reveal it.

As I warned in the first posting, nothing ever goes according to plan.
    Last edited by griffin; 27th October 2020 at 05:31 PM.

Bloody hell. I do hope it stays a secret and not some sod who wants to make a name for himself by being the first to announce it.

2 days to go (five hours ago).

Some clues posted up on fb so far - it's a Decepticon Voyager, that is NOT supposed to be a store exclusive... which rules out GEN Selects, Japanese, reissues and anything one-off.

That leaves Kingdom, Studio Series, Cyberverse, Authentics and Rescue Bots (hey, it could happen).

Ravagecat has posted up some additional photos of Starscream on his Instagram.

The Starscream Samples are now on their way back to America.
    I ended up having three people coming around to play with them over the weekend. (I thought there would be more interest... I guess it didn't end up being a toy that fans were too interested in. On the plus side, one person from our facebook page was here for about 3 hours, naming most of my toys despite only being 19 and having a much smaller collection... it was fun for both of us.)

Some final photos from Studio Series Starscream... since the toy samples are already on their way back to America.

The instructions sheet!

And one last group shot of Starscream with other Cybertronian Tetrajet (styled) toys. (I'd already posted up the jet mode photo, but including it here again with this one)

New official toy images have been released, which show a Starscream toy that isn't broken. (the images they released in November were done with a broken toy, which was what they sent to me)