Thread: I repair TFs!

Default I repair TFs!

Hey Moderators I don't know where to put this so feel free to move this.

As board members know I customise TF's and I recently got an Ender 3 and I'm starting to design accessories and add on parts for older TFs. I'm also starting to repair figures for people who don't have the time, feel unsure what they're getting into, where to start and are happy with the TF being repaired rather than being replaced.

I have access to tools and knowledge that allow me to repair or make parts.
    An airbrush and use Vallejo Acrylics, although I can use enamels if required.
    Aforementioned 3D printer and some CAD skills.
    I use 3Dfillies PLA+ and Creality filaments, currently have 3 colours: grey, white and blue. I use PLA as it's safer than ABS and I don't have a workshop at the moment.

How does it all work? You can DM here or on Instagram (natesoehardi) tell me what needs to be fixed, have photos so I can see what needs doing and I work out a quote for you to consider.

How long does it take? A minor repair can take up to a week, I live in the Blue Mountains so most repairs will need be posted.
    Once your figure arrives I will contact you to tell you I have it and from there I will keep you updated on progress.

I also print STL files as long as they're your own work or you have proof of purchase and it's for personal use, I will print parts or a figure but once again, it needs to be your own work and is for personal one-off use!

Rush jobs incur an extra fee.

I reserve the right to refuse a job, on the basis that it's likely beyond *my* skill set.

How and when do I pay? When the job is finished I'll alert you and we organise a bank transfer using a pay ID, safer than trading account details, but I also accept paypal. Once I have the transaction number, I'll take the repaired toy to the post office and mail it back to you, in original packaging and protective bubble wrap.

I currently have 3 slots open for repairs.
    Last edited by SMHFConvoy; 17th November 2020 at 06:15 PM.

If someone was to get a design from thingiverse (where they are free to download) would you print them as well?

Either way I’ll keep this in mind I’m sure i have something that could use parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    If someone was to get a design from thingiverse (where they are free to download) would you print them as well?

Either way I???ll keep this in mind I???m sure i have something that could use parts
    That's tricky because it strays into unofficial territory, full disclosure I asked Griffin if it was okay to post about my micro business and it was ok as long as I wasn't making bootleg toys and selling them here. There are a number of transformers that are unofficial and unlicensed on thingiverse and cults3d but they're also covered by creative commons licences (you can tip the creators btw) that allows for a toy to be printed as long as money is not being made off of it, in that scenario I'd charge for the material used, time and utilities as well as factor in print failures and assembly of finished print if required.
    Last edited by SMHFConvoy; 18th November 2020 at 02:18 AM.

Kinda interested in this.

I've got a Pyro that I've been wanting to arrange a replica groin for, as the original has broken due to GPS.
    Would be interested in throwing in my SS Jetfire where I have the end of the axe stuck in the hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Kinda interested in this.

I've got a Pyro that I've been wanting to arrange a replica groin for, as the original has broken due to GPS.
    Would be interested in throwing in my SS Jetfire where I have the end of the axe stuck in the hand too.
    How's the axe stuck in the hand? Glue or friction?