Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Kingdom toys

Looking forward to Inferno, but would have really appreciated Beast Wars Inferno.

Having skipped Siege Magnus, I am curious to see how this new one looks. Airazor has me interested, as does Huffer. Bring on PIPES I say!! I think I'll be skipping the boney-bots. I was never THAT big a fan of realistic beast modes, so missing the meat isn't really doing it for me either. (robo-beasr? HELLS YAH).
    But yeah, thems thar boxes be ... I dunno. Nice big artwork though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I think I'll be skipping the boney-bots. I was never THAT big a fan of realistic beast modes, so missing the meat isn't really doing it for me either...
    I've never been into Transformers emulating organic beast flesh but find these skeletal toys enticing somehow. Definitely will be getting some and wish I could know what they all are in advance.

The weaponizers/modulators are a big hit with my kids so I'll definitely be picking up whatever fossilizers show up

More Kingdom photos found on a Korean site, this time of Ultra Magnus, Inferno and Dinobot, out of packaging.

Apparently the Korean site they are on is a legit government site that registers products to be released in South Korea... but probably isn't meant to be viewed by the public, or be the platform for first reveals of someone else's products. I guess we use it while we still can.

Hope we see Leader Ultra magnus out here..

Had an issue with delivery of my Siege version from Amazon, where it shipped but was lost, so when this was rumoured I decided to get my money back in hope of getting an Earth mode version.

In hand images of Dinobot and Ultra Magnus are now up as well....https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/12/01/...-images-425112

Safety Korea is awesome, but I can?t see it being available for too long, or else Hasbro might have to delay their Korea releases.

I just *love* the new Airrazor. The bird mode is so pretty. Between her and Ratty, they?re really doing a great job of capturing the animal modes (hard to tell with a giant purple dinosaur, as I?ve never seen one in real life outside of Barney).
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That AirRazor looks ABSOLUTELY stunning. That's a definite for me.

Dinobot looking a lil chunky around the middle in raptor mode, but the bot mode more than makes up for it. I feel like using the real raptor head for the centre of the chest and having the additional side pieces to mimic the show's deformation is a nice middle ground to just having a flatout fake chest like the MP figure. I'm keen on it. I'd be keen on a BW Grimlock repaint too (Generations Select anyone?)

Magnus I'm not keen on. The core robot just doesn't work as well with a boxy Earthen truck mode. The angular Cybertron truck mode and the bumper sliding up the figure's back on the WFCS figure really helped improve the core robot mode's proportions by moving a lot of the mass to the shoulders and then tapering toward the waist. It elevated it from 'token, kind of trash' to 'still token, but decent'.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Safety Korea is awesome, but I can?t see it being available for too long, or else Hasbro might have to delay their Korea releases.
    I think it's like the patent office submissions we saw prototypes from during the initial Classics waves - not sure whether that was within China or Japan, but we used to see the resin prototypes coming from their website until Hasbro/Takara changed up how they lodge their patent submissions.

As for the new images - these all look stunning. Seems I was right with the shoulders, head and chest all being new parts - the head has more mass around the neck than the Siege release and also has the "sunglasses" look to the eyes - but also the sides of the car carrier components are different, meaning it sits further back on the cab than the Siege version did. Very fascinating to see how much new work went into this version. I may have just convinced myself to double dip on Magnus...