Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Kingdom toys

Default Wave 2 Kingdom toys

Some more images of WAVE 1 Kingdom, https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/11/20/...gallery-424293

Leaked images of WAVE 2 Kingdom, https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/11/20/...-huffer-424556

(edit by admin)

Deluxe
    - Airazor (new)
    - Arcee (re-release from Earthrise)
    - Huffer (new)
    - Ractonite (new)

Voyager
    - Dinobot (new)
    - Inferno (likely remoulded Earthrise Grapple)

Leader
    - Ultra Magnus (Earth mode - likely new, or some recycled parts from Siege toy)

Last edited by griffin; 21st November 2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added images and info & moved post

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So two, perhaps three things I want (Magnus is highly doubtful, as I have the Siege one). CHUG purchases are going to be waaaaay down for me next year, which is no bad thing (I spent all of this year and half of last, when I finally decided that yes, I would buy the modern HasTak stuff, playing catch-up). Delighted to see Huffer; that leaves only 3 of the Ark crew to go. Apparently we're definitely not seeing Gears in Kingdom, damnit, so let's hope the design re-surfaces in the next line.

I really must see if the guy at my local EB Games who I discovered was a Beast Wars fan when picking up my Snapdragon ever got around to taking my advice and looking into next year's toy line...

Five of these are must gets for me. (Fossilzers don't interest me and I've ordered Earthrise Arcee)

Huffer looks wonderful and I'm very intrigued by Dinobot and Airazor

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    So two, perhaps three things I want (Magnus is highly doubtful, as I have the Siege one). CHUG purchases are going to be waaaaay down for me next year, which is no bad thing (I spent all of this year and half of last, when I finally decided that yes, I would buy the modern HasTak stuff, playing catch-up). Delighted to see Huffer; that leaves only 3 of the Ark crew to go. Apparently we're definitely not seeing Gears in Kingdom, damnit, so let's hope the design re-surfaces in the next line.

I really must see if the guy at my local EB Games who I discovered was a Beast Wars fan when picking up my Snapdragon ever got around to taking my advice and looking into next year's toy line...
    Spoke to one of the staff at EB Games Melbourne CBD when I also picked up Snapdragon recently and he said they're expecting the new BW (I assume he's talking about Kingdom), so I expect that to include Mildura.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Spoke to one of the staff at EB Games Melbourne CBD when I also picked up Snapdragon recently and he said they're expecting the new BW (I assume he's talking about Kingdom), so I expect that to include Mildura.
    As standard stock on the shelf, instead of only when ordered by a customer? That's a welcome change, if correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Apparently we're definitely not seeing Gears in Kingdom, damnit, so let's hope the design re-surfaces in the next line.
    And I've just learnt that the scrapped Gears was going to be core class, not deluxe, so let's not hope it re-surfaces

Whilst I'm disappointed that they seem to be going for a larger size for the minibots seen in Warpath and Huffer, I must say they look awesome and I will definitely pick them up. Dinobot and Magnus look great too, while I will probably skip the latter since I like my Siege Magnus.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

One of the things I've noticed is why are the Deluxe boxes so big when the toys inside barely fill it, feels like a waste of space and more deceptive considering that the clear windows are smaller now (apart from looking more impressive in store shelves of course). The figures look great though.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Cool, wasn't expecting an earth-mode Ultra Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    One of the things I've noticed is why are the Deluxe boxes so big when the toys inside barely fill it, feels like a waste of space and more deceptive considering that the clear windows are smaller now (apart from looking more impressive in store shelves of course). The figures look great though.
    In terms of space, you can comfortably put four or more of the same toy (in alt mode without plastic tray for presentation) in a WFC box. IMO, you're right about the boxes being a certain size for presence on the shelves. Many of the size classes are smaller than what they used to be. The boxes, from a Hasbro's marketing perspective, probably help to justify the cost of the toy.

I'm wondering how much remoulding has gone into the Earth mode Magnus.

The front cab and bumper are definitely new - it will be interesting to see if there is an engineering change here to have the pivot point higher in the figure or whether Magnus's inner robot will have a boxy body
    The shoulder pieces are missing the 3mm peg which indicates that they are a new moulding (detail unclear to see whether it has a flatter design without the "vents" of the Siege mould
    The red chest of the outer robot has been remoulded to be more square and consistent with his animation design

Other people note that the head seems to be a little different too, with more material around the jaw, but this could just be the photography