Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    BulletproofVillain Australia has preorders now too, at a slightly cheaper price. Good sign that its going to hit mass retail, but unfortunately Castle Greyskull is already sold out.
    https://www.bulletproofvillain.com.a...attel-origins/
    Yeah grabbed a Castle from there as soon as the listing went up. Not a bad price but suspect BigW will have it even cheaper.....if they get it. Grabbed Panthor and the Landshark from BV yesterday. Amazon have She-Ra, Mer-Man and Roboto for $27 each too if anyone’s interested.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This is looking promising

I'm happy to wait until July to see if MOTU Origins turns up in Target or BigW.

Is it just me who prefers to be able to go into an actual shop and buy stuff off the shelf, as opposed to mail-ordering off the internet? I know many things are going more and more the latter direction, and I understand why (and how economic forces are driving the change), but still...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    This is looking promising

I'm happy to wait until July to see if MOTU Origins turns up in Target or BigW.

Is it just me who prefers to be able to go into an actual shop and buy stuff off the shelf, as opposed to mail-ordering off the internet? I know many things are going more and more the latter direction, and I understand why (and how economic forces are driving the change), but still...
    If they do eventually show up at the shops, great. Will probably buy another set to keep sealed. But it will just be flooded with wave 1 for 6 months. We are already so far behind.

These dudes still rarely seem to be in stock anywhere, but with the Walmart exclusivity finished it's been nice to grab a few here and there from Amazon, often for as low as $25. Two for $50 with free Prime postage seems like better value than US$15 each from BBTS with international shipping added. Even with a crazy shipping fee though, a Grayskull from BBTS is still cheaper than Popcultcha.

Really loving the line.

Just discovered another Australian online retailer who is listing MOTU, Inbox Toys. Their standard price seems to be set to $34.50, with the deluxe toys at $41.90. And lots of stuff being listed as due in July or even October. Anything over $100 has free postage... Hmm, that's awfully tempting at a time when my TF purchases are bottoming out (my thing is G1, not Beast Wars)...

July or even October seems to be quite behind other retailers. I?ve never heard of inbox toys before, so I don?t know if they charge up front, or whether they only do so when shipping.

I?ve gone and bought quite a few from bigbadtoystore (they just got a new wave, which includes Roboto and Ninjor), and they arrive quite quickly. I?m probably paying more with the shipping, but its nice to have them guaranteed. I don?t know whether we?ll end up skipping waves, as they?re already up to Wave 5.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Amazon au has Castles via the UK for $175 - about the same as getting it shipped from BBTS if you have Prime I think. Still cheaper than Popcultcha, and in stock right now.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    Amazon au has Castles via the UK for $175 - about the same as getting it shipped from BBTS if you have Prime I think. Still cheaper than Popcultcha, and in stock right now.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thank you for the heads up Maruten! My Castle arrived this week, and very happy to have it. They shipped it in the original cardboard shipper box, so it arrived just perfectly with no dints or damage. The Sorceress looks just beautiful, and there?s lots of fun accessories with the castle for play value. I hate to say it, but I think this might actually be an IMPROVEMENT on the old castle. The paint apps on the door are so much better, and form the outside it looks just beautiful.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam356 View Post
    I emailed Mattel Australia and it looks like Motu origins will be available in some big W and target ,here is the reply I received from them.
    At this stage there are plans to stock a variety of Masters of the Universe product in the second half of this year and store catalogues both online and in the mail are best indicators as what is coming into the stores.
    Has anyone seen any signs of movement yet? Or will this be further into the second half of the year, more of a Christmas thing?

Well i figured when i first saw these if they arrive locally i might get into them, though ive given up on that & BBTS ordered a few things, ended up just over $40aud per figure inc postage. More than i wanted to pay but yeh... I bet they're in stock next week at Big W for $30... thats my kind of luck!

All i really wanted was the first wave(?) vintage He-Man & Skeletor in blister packs but of course by the time id decided to bite the He-Man is sold out pretty much everywhere (unless i want to pay through the nose). So I got the japanese box versions instead which are apparently the same figures, plus being in a box ill at least be more inclined to open them now.

Also got the origins deluxe battle damage versions, because i had them as a kid, plus they come with a 2nd head which looks like the vintage style, not the new origins style that were putting me off a bit tbh.

Then i happened upon a UK review of V2 of the standard origins just released, which use the vintage style heads... so figured i should have them too. Could only find them in the UK though (through amazon), but He-Man is on backorder... of course.

So yeah 3 x He-mans & 3 x Skeletors... should do for now...