Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins

$15 !!! I paid nearly 3 times that! I do however like the 'vintage versions' i got better... though for that price i think i should have a set of these too!

Big W at Garden City has quiet a few Skelegod figures, can?t remember the price , on introductory price. Motu origins all empty, $15 each, an introductory price the regular is $19 which is still a great price. At $15 these are Scalper bait, way cheaper than expected. Mr Toys Toyworld Macgregor has a wave Motu origins Skeletors, nothing else assume is just a Skeletor wave lol. $29 each. Who is crazy enough to buy an army of Skeletors! There was an episode where he did exactly that, he made copies of himself.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I never thought to look at the non-sale price. That is indeed awesome - I was expecting at least $30, and more likely closer to $40. So now all I need to worry about is whether or not there will be re-stocks (and how many of the toys from the past 12 months make it here, I guess).

Sold out in WA already by the looks of it. Got me a set anyways

I rather suspect that to secure a $15 price point, Big W have purchased a TON of these and will be getting multiple waves.
    I found a sole He-man and Skeletor at a Big W in NSW (Tweed City), and was disappointed to see it was the multilingual comic which means no text or dialog. It?s still great for a sealed toy, but means I?m going to have to keep sourcing at least 1 for each of the foreign waves for the English comic.

I really have high hopes these sell like hot cakes and we see future waves coming in. I haven?t been able to find any of the Assorted in store yet to work out which waves are shipping (online listing has Stinkor and Sorceress waves, so that?s at least two distinct?. But often listings don?t match the stock that arrives).

I did pick up Skelegod though for the nice price of $35. Amazon.com.au has it for $80, Bulletproof Villain for $64.99, so it really is a steal of a price.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

A while ago when Big W restocked Origins, it was only He Man and Skeletor figures. So I guess we a not getting a proper wave of figures just yet. Haven?t checked back for a while. I have stuff on pre- order with another company, but so far only received a couple of figures. Oh well hesitant to order more from the line, just waiting to see what Big W does. Im hopeful it takes off next year, Mattel has put out a lot of merchandise for Jurassic World, I hope the Origins line could replicate this.

We did get a proper wave of sorts - at the start of October Big W got bunches of He-Man and Skeletor, and also limited amounts of a strange mix of waves 5 and 6. My local Big W has only restocked once since then, last weekend. No further toys from a wave, one box of Skeletors (which they could not put on the shelves because they had in the intervening week replaced the empty MOTU racks with some other junk, and as of this weekend still could not go out on the shelves), and a couple of Battlecats.

They've triggered the re-stock thing in the Big W inventory system; the problem is one of supply.

And that supply problem will only get worse from here on out - Mattel has now ceased production of the earliest waves of toys (as is standard for toy lines). We're going to have to hope like hell that Mattel did a special production run for places like Australia that have only now started stocking and selling their products, a year on from debut, otherwise all those core favourites from the first waves will be impossible to obtain here.

I noticed the wave 5 and 6 on the Big W site during the introductory period, and was gone the next day. Stock must of sold in the blink of the eye. Yeah I understand supply is the problem, hopefully they do a revision wave, for our market and others that seem to have missed out. I'm looking to Big W for the price. Price was always going to be better through retailers like Big W, but unfortunately I may have to continue obtaining these at online stores for a little bit more. Thanks for sharing.

I want to buy from Big W not just for the price (which is far, far better than at the shops that have imported the stuff) but for the experience of being able to walk into a shop and grab an item off the shelf. Even as I buy more and more things off the internet, I more and more resent no longer being able to do so in a real shop (and this has nothing to do with COVID restrictions or supply disruptions).

And yeah, that initial stock vanished in a few hours. My Big W got a single case (if it's the same size case as Skeletor comes in, then that's a box of 4 toys, one of each in the wave) and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I want to buy from Big W not just for the price (which is far, far better than at the shops that have imported the stuff) but for the experience of being able to walk into a shop and grab an item off the shelf. Even as I buy more and more things off the internet, I more and more resent no longer being able to do so in a real shop (and this has nothing to do with COVID restrictions or supply disruptions).

And yeah, that initial stock vanished in a few hours. My Big W got a single case (if it's the same size case as Skeletor comes in, then that's a box of 4 toys, one of each in the wave) and that was it.
    Well said! I actually feel the same, I prefer not to buy off Amazon, I hate that I have a bunch of parcels coming in, but almost all of it is not stocked in retail eg. Mcfarlane figures. Well at least the ones I?m chasing. Not even Zing which is just crazy. I mentioned Jurassic World, although I don?t buy I can see it has been going for while.