Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: MOTU origins

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The Wun-Dar made-to-order is open today and tomorrow. Really happy to have secured one after the absolute farcical shambles that the limited-run turned into.

Still the standard prices in USD for Australians, for those who have heard about the rubbish Mattel is pulling on certain countries.

So, what's happenening in MOTU Origins almost 18 months later?

Vintage characters (down to the last 10 or 12 remaining, often obscure) are now online-only, direct from Mattel Creations. The first such, Rokkon, was farcical this week - MC is currently unable to dispatch to overseas (not unable to sell, or charge, unable to post), and delayed the sale a week, and then non-USians could order even though the problem still pertained, presumably because Rokkon would not be dispatched until May (although some people have had theirs sent already...). But we could buy one, wich is the important thing.

Retail Origins is continuing, with the Cartoon Collection (same old characters, Filmation accurate - and they really are, Teela's face is amazingly well done) and Fan Favourites (re-releases of older toys, starting with wave 3 - She-Ra, Zodac, Mer-Man). Cases still contain 4 toys, but now only 3 different toys (so far the duplicate is one of the CC toys).

Waves 16 (2 x CC Skeletor, CC Man-At-Arms, FF Zodac) & 17 (2 x CC Teela, CC Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man) have hit Australian shores, again largely before US distribution (look for Mash Toys or Avalan Kids). Wave 15 (2 x CC He-Man, CC Beast Man, FF She-Ra) has skipped us so far, but will turn up sooner or later.

Wave 18 will have CC Evil-Lyn and CC Fisto - not sure what the FF will be.

Oh, and Eternia is trickling out to buyers

Eagerly awaiting Eternia, and hoping tmnt crossover comes out here too. Wave 2 hits next month too

Wave 15 is available at Toyworld and some Big W
    Last edited by reillyd; 26th February 2024 at 02:21 PM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

With all the lines of He-man kicking around, I'm not too sure where these guys fit in, but I forked out and got me a set of them GIITD SkeleTun Worriers. They look pretty sweet. Better than I expected!!

Also a Masterverse Scareglow. Who is worse than I expected. NO, I lie, exactly as sad as I thought he'd be. with his lonely GITD head.

Independent retailers are now stocking Waves 1 & 2 of MOTU Origins TMNT crossovers, but may be importing direct rather than thru Mattel AU. I picked up Waves 1 &2 from Comic Book Heroes at Brisbane

Attachment 6763
    Beast Man Unpunched with English USA comic.

Oh and they had Talon Fighter with point dread at the Capalaba store, which is also available on Amazon AU now
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Eternia arrived today - bloody big box. Bloody. Big.

Has anyone else received theirs yet? Or am I somehow the first?

Mine arrived on the weekend. It’s huge, and I have no idea where to fit it. It won’t fit in the car without destroying the box, so I can’t even take it to my storage unit.

But it contains sweet, sweet Moaty. And apparently King Greyskull is still in transit. I really hope he arrives soon, because I was worried about them running out for international buyers.

Why would they run out? They made one per Eternia.

Has Mattel provided a tracking number for Grayskull? I had to pursue mine...

I spent Saturday opening, inventorying, stickering, and assembling. And now it occupies my entire dining table Good thing I made sure in advance that I would have room on my shelves in the games room.