Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: MOTU origins

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Decent price? As in less than 4 times standard retail? Can't be had any more.

Also, Mer-Man seems remarkably rare for some reason (I've seen precisely one since I started looking, and snapped it up at a stupid price because of that). Every other toy is out there in numbers, including the absurdly expensive Tri-Klops (and anyone explain that price?), but not Mer-Man.

Also, I had to get She-Ra and Mer-Man from Germany. Scare Glow came from somewhere over in WA, but I don't recall there being any other Australian ones when I looked.

Toymate Robina had a shelf-tag for MOTU Origins (4x Skeletor). So not sure if its just He-man and Skeletor wave, or if other stores will have other assortments.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I have been picking up releases where I can, all online sources. I have some pre-orders in limbo, so I'm also picking up some extras from different sellers and stores, just in case my orders are never filled. I will open some and leave others on card, and chasing something on aftermarket for a decent price is not fun, especially when I just prefer to sleepwalk through collecting sometimes. At the moment there is one figure I want, no active pre-order, and I have missed a couple of times, so I'm actively searching ebay, waiting for one to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    At the moment there is one figure I want, no active pre-order, and I have missed a couple of times, so I'm actively searching ebay, waiting for one to drop.
    Tri-Klops by any chance? That's the one I found most difficult to get hold of. Had to just keep watching e-bay (I loathe auctions) and place a bid in the last few seconds that I hoped no-one had already beaten. And failing that I would have resorted to buying one from Amazon US for $130, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Tri-Klops by any chance? That's the one I found most difficult to get hold of. Had to just keep watching e-bay (I loathe auctions) and place a bid in the last few seconds that I hoped no-one had already beaten. And failing that I would have resorted to buying one from Amazon US for $130, I guess...
    No it's not Tri-Klops, and I'm thankful for that. My wave 4 pre-order came in a year late, received about a month ago. I'm missing Trap Jaw, but comic book Trap Jaw is supposedly coming in wave 9. Webstor I want, and he is popular, but is still available overseas on ebay, locally in Australia he gets snapped up pretty quick. I hate auctions also, I prefer buy it now, or make offer. I'm pretty much missing wave 1 and 2, but acquired Man-E-Faces recently, and he has paint apps on arms don't match the torso, I'm guessing this is a QC issue.

Wave 9 of Origins confirmed to be at Big W. There have been sightings across the country the past week, and I've just picked up all 4 toys at Big W Mildura. Looks like they only got a single case, of course. Still not listed on their web site.

Two wave 1 Skeletors at Big W Mildura, for the first time since something like February. Is this just a random bit of stock floating about, or are they actually trying again?

Ordered 2 Grizzlors at midnight via Mattel Creations. Made to order Grizzlors are up now for preorder for a few days if anyone after it.
    https://creations.mattel.com/product...r-figure-hrg18

There were rumours (fueled by a now deleted and spectacularly stupid official Mattel post on Instagram) that Grizzlor's made-to-order was not available to anyone outside the US. Happily this was completely wrong, and you can order it just like any of the other Mattel Creations items (for USD $14.95 postage to Australia).

And damn it's nice to be able to just log on whenever and buy at leisure (because the limited-run sale ran out of stock in 4 minutes again, despite everyone knowing about the MTO...).

Still seeing people attempting to scalp the thing on e-bay. Hope they're bitterly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    There were rumours (fueled by a now deleted and spectacularly stupid official Mattel post on Instagram) that Grizzlor's made-to-order was not available to anyone outside the US. Happily this was completely wrong, and you can order it just like any of the other Mattel Creations items
    It still says on the website though that they only ship made to order items to U.S and Canada only. Hopefully they have just forgotten to remove that bit. Peoples orders are still going through so who knows