Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Buzzworthy Bumblebee new toy/line

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    After the poor performance of the 2pack with Spike, Hasbro Australia are probably glad that they didn't get the origins BB, as it would is an expensive figure as well, so would have been pricey here too.
    When you say Origins BB would be expensive/pricey... surely it's just deluxe price (even though a small deluxe) not more?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As such, I don't think we will be getting here, the other two Buzzworthy toys from this second wave (the Power Charge Bumblebee in post #18 and the Origins Bumblebee in post #19).
    So damned disappointing. Once more we have to resort to scalpers, or hope against hope that one or two Australian retailers might be able to import a couple (and then that we know about it in time to order).

I know that the previous pack, Bumblebee and Spike, isn't selling (saw a dozen just this evening), but that's because it is junk. I can't imagine that this would not fly off the shelves, just like Netflix Bumblebee did.

Hmm. The scalpers are doing a roaring trade over on Ebay. 10 new items overnight (probably more, because I'm filtering out auctions), all of which start at at least twice the retail price, and reach past $100 once you factor in postage, GST, and "import fees".

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    When you say Origins BB would be expensive/pricey... surely it's just deluxe price (even though a small deluxe) not more?
    In America, the Origins Bumblebee is retailing for us$23.

Their RRPs at the moment, according to the Hasbro site, are...
    KD Deluxe- - 17
    KD Voyager- 25
    SS Deluxe - - - 20
    SS Voyager - - 30

So for a toy that is the size of the smallest Deluxe toy in WFC so far, I think it is expensive for almost costing the price of a Voyager in America... hence the guess of about au$45 if it had come here.

Ok. Some recent stories say $23 is the new deluxe price point in the US (Gnaw as the example).

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...creases/45953/

I think it’s just this guy came out early so he seems more expensive but is “regular” deluxe price.

Yep, the wailing and gnashing is in full force elsewhere. Laughable.

Do we know if Australia will be getting the world's collide 4 pack at all ??
    I didn't pre order P/S and now I'm thinking I've missed the boat

Possibly. I haven't seen it up for preorder on the usual online retailers I go with, so hopefully you, along with all of us, haven't missed the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Wormz View Post
    Do we know if Australia will be getting the world's collide 4 pack at all ??
    I didn't pre order P/S and now I'm thinking I've missed the boat
    We apparently are, through Myer and some other retailers.

Just noting that US scalpers are not the only source for the Origin Bumblebee, it can be had from Robot Kingdom if you can stomach their grossly inflated postage fees. Just be aware that they appear to do something non-standard at checkout when they interface with Paypal, and you'll have to use a work-around.