Thread: KO identification help - Is my MC12 GUNROBO legit?

Default KO identification help - Is my MC12 GUNROBO legit?

Hi folks, looking for some help with legitimising this item. I posted this on another forum and got a single 'looks legit' which is promising but I'd be keen for more feedback.

About 10 years ago I bought this off a seller on eBay. I was immediately suspicious of it back then since it was in such good condition for a 20-ish year old item. I packed it away and figured maybe I was duped, live and learn.

I'm now clearing out my old collection and would love to legitimise this or confirm that it is indeed a KO before passing it on to a new owner.

Two quick photos below, happy to provide more. Box is not taped and was clearly opened previously although the items don't look like they have been removed (or at least not often).

Were KOs of this figure made? Can they be identified?

It looks legit to me (and it's a very nice example). That clear plastic piece is a nice inclusion. As far as I know these were never taped at the factory. It should be stamped MC.12.13 on one side and Made in Japan Takara on the other. There are KOs of this and Browning but they're pretty poor, easy to spot and lack any stamping.

That's amazing info, thanks for taking the time to drop a reply in.

The stamps are present which pretty much removes any lingering doubt I had about it.

Thanks again!

Maybe you just bought it from someone who didn?t understand it?s true value, or how much interest in diaclone would balloon? Would be a shame if you let that spoil your enjoyment of the piece or cause you to pass it on
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Maybe you just bought it from someone who didn?t understand it?s true value, or how much interest in diaclone would balloon? Would be a shame if you let that spoil your enjoyment of the piece or cause you to pass it on
    Or maybe the seller just wasn't a shamelessly money grubbing greedy scalper and only wanted to sell the toy appropriate to how much they originally paid for it rather than exploiting their fellow collectors. I think the original seller should be commended on their honour and integrity. If only more second hand toy sellers were like this legend.

I own one of these myself and from your pics it looks legit. These aren't all too hard to come by (as far as pre-TF goes) so you can expect to find them in reasonable to flawless condition for not too much money (again relative to the world of pre-TF).
    Feel free to PM me for price advice if you wish (I don't need one, just happy to help).
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.