Thread: A curious Earthrise Sunstreaker

Default A curious Earthrise Sunstreaker

I bought this ER Sunstreaker from Big W. I could see his roof was wonky through the window but later saw the box was tripple taped at the 2 top flap seals. Closer inspection shows the pegs/gear below the blue windscreen has come out from its socket (is that right?). The waist is also partly rotated. The 2 extra pieces of tape on each top seal look very similar to the original tape (same width but with regular teeth marks rather than the irregular or almost straight edges of the usual tape - I've seen the same on factory double taped Masterpieces). The rubber ties are intact. Sunstreaker's gun is on his back.

Is this a factory reject, damaged stock that Big W resealed, or customer broke it and returned (but didn't cut ties and tripple taped with similar tape) or something else? Anyway, I'm going to return him (so look out for a wonky Sunstreaker).

The roof is one of those pieces that's designed to pop out if too much force is applied. Most likely the factory worker that put your Sunstreaker in the plastic did a poor job and didn't bother fixing it.

If it was a return at Big W it would have been discounted with an orange and white discount sticker applied.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

They caught him mid dance

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If it was a return at Big W it would have been discounted with an orange and white discount sticker applied.
    As usual, DELTAPrime is our go-to Big W guy .

Sounds like the first Runamuck I bought. Two misaligned pins - one knee and the other foot) - he looked fine in packaging but could NOT transform.

(I have since refunded that)

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Just an update. In the end I decided to keep it since it was rare and I got it on sale. The pegs were hard to push back into the waist socket and I had to push one in at a time. I can see why the factory worker gave up. I almost did the same when I felt something was going to break. The toy was otherwise new - tight joints with that satisfying, freshly minted, crack upon first manipulation.