View Poll Results: Worth buying?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

1 25.00%
  • Only if something else (please specify)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 25.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Spinout (Masterpiece)

Default Toy Review - Spinout (Masterpiece)

SPINOUT
    Series - Masterpiece
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - N/A
    New/remould/redeco - repaint of Masterpiece Cordon
    Wave - MP-39+
    Released here - No (released in Japan December 2020)
    Approximate Retail Price - 13200yen (about AU$170)
    Approximate Size - 16cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Lamborghini Countach
    Main Features/Gimmicks - car can transform between standard and modified "Super Tuning" Lamborghini, hidden gun in rear of car, weapon stowage
    Main Colours - red with black highlights
    Main Accessories - pistol, missile, wing mirrors, stickers

Note: Spinout is a repaint of MP Cordon. Refer to the Cordon review thread for comments about the original mould. This thread will focus on differences made.

While Spinout is a new character to Transformers, the toy itself is based on the Diaclone Car Robot Countach LP500S Super Tuning toy.

Overall thoughts
    At the same price as MP Sunstreaker and cheaper than Cordon (which was rather expensive), and with bonus Car Robot and Transformers themed stickers for both Spinout and Sunstreaker, I think that it's reasonable value. Plus another neat nod to not just a Diaclone toy, but the original prototype name and colours for Sunstreaker.

A very nice toy that I would highly recommend, although for those of you who are more budget-conscious, remember that there will be a cheaper Deluxe Class Generations Selects version (repaint of Earthrise Sunstreaker) in the near future.

Totally loving Spinout, but I've always been a fan of this mould. The black trim on the vehicle mode is neat and matches the concept/promotional artwork for the original Diaclone toy.

It seems they've fixed an issue on Sunstreaker and Cordon where you constantly have to keep pushing in the mirrors when you fold the door windows for transformation, but that could just be my copy.
    Can't find any delicate bits or notable issues, other than the inevitable paint chipping which you get on the other two also.

Last night I took some comparisons with the original toy (albeit Diakron instead of Diaclone) but will post comparisons with his mould buddies over the weekend.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.