Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Space ute
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Removable limbs
    Main Colours - Teal, turqoise
    Main Accessories - x1 musket laser, Pez dispenser

This toy has a nasty burr in its rotator

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I can't get the backpack on my Kup to tab in. Not without deforming the backpack (and even then it doesn't tab in securely). Does anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can't get the backpack on my Kup to tab in. Not without deforming the backpack (and even then it doesn't tab in securely). Does anyone else have this issue?
    A little - it stays in most of the time. Not sure what the magic trick is that does it yet.

Actually my backpack now tabs in fine. I have no idea what I've done to make it happen. :/ Fickle.

Absolutely love the transformation on this guy. His bot mode and to a lesser extent alt mode proportions are sacrificed to make it happen but it's 100% worth it. Best Cybertronian Ute ever!

His face is somewhat unfortunate until you hold it up to the light to make use of the lightpiping you get good ole disappointed dad G1 Kup instead of hallowed IDW crystal meth Kup.

The mini-rifle is just plain WEIRD. It's as if the sculptor went for screen accuracy, nailed it, but then engineering forgot Kup would have big gorilla fists thanks to the 5mm peg hole and nobody could be bothered to scale up the gun accordingly.

+2 points for gimmicks nobody asked for but I love

The 2 little slots on the roof of the car that tab into Kup's back can also be used to store the rifle and energon snacks in robot or vehicle mode

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I had this issue out of the box. Then when I transformed him to space ute and back it was okay. I think it's the angle of the chest. If you angle it forward a bit more so that the top of his torso is sloped downwards then all the linkages to his back panel change slightly and the tabs on the back stay in place better. I believe that's what's happening.

Gee it's a clever transformation how they get a deluxe figure to go from a rounded robot to a boxy vehicle with minimal kibble or visible parts in either mode. I've been amazed at all of the transformations of these Studio Series 86 toys (I'm including Cyclonus as well). They've got some very talented designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher31 View Post
    I've been amazed at all of the transformations of these Studio Series 86 toys (I'm including Cyclonus as well). They've got some very talented designers.
    Likewise.

So far I've only got Hot rod and Kup, and I was really on the fence about getting Kup, but I fund him for a cheap enough price and he has pleasently surprised me.

The vehicle mode looks great. I like the panel sculpting on him and have come to the conclusion that I get a nice early-cybertronian vehicle feel from this mode. The rivets and panels make him look a lot more less-tech? Primitive in design? Than Blurr and Hot Rod with their smooth and streamlined exteriors. A nice touch I have never really considered before.

Transformation is still a little bit awkward for me, the way the arms go under the tray and the clipping in of the leg panels in to the front wheel hub things feels really unintuitive, a lot of the time the arms pop off mid way. I do like the shoulder bait n switch with the wheels, which keeps the looks and the placement of pieces in the right area.

The robot mode reminds me a lot more of Kup from the Spotlight comic than the movie, his arms are lanky. So I'll be partnering him up with Outback methinks. Kurdt the goat discovered a handy way of stashing the energon goodies under his neck in the gap between the wheels which is very clever (whether intentional or not).
    Head sculpt looks better in person than in the pictures I've seen. He also has AMAZING light piping in his eyes. It's magical how it is able to make his eyes glow with the minimal amount of reflected light and such a small window in the back of his head. The fact that I his eyes glowed from indirect light that a was reflected from the white part of the instructions in a fully lit room made me go "Wow."
    Articulation is pretty good, although it would seem that having limbs that can be pulled off disallows the option for wrist swivels. Speaking of droppable limbs, this is a neat idea. Well, for Kup anyway.
    One thing that bothers me more than it should.... Why is his gun so small? it looks like a tiny laser pistol, not an energon musket...

Overall a decent toy, I don't think he is on the MUST HAVE list, but you can certainly do a lot worse. So you should not be disappointed with him.