Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future lines based on old series.

Default Future lines based on old series.

So G1 is ever pervasive in Transformers since the MP and Classics lines kicked off in the 2000s. Beast Wars started getting a resurgence a couple of years back with MP Optimus Primal and it's kept snowballing to this point where we have the Kingdom line about to hit shelves.

I'm personally hoping we get to see HasTak revisit some of the other TV shows from the past in future lines. I loved the design of many RID (CR), Unicron trilogy, Animated and Prime characters and don't want to see them consigned to the past.

What do you guys think the future holds for other non-Bayverse lines getting remade in future toys?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'm still waiting on that Armada Prime we were teased by Takara. Even though I watched Beast Wars (and Beast Machines) as a kid, I have fonder memories of Armada because it's the first series I actually got toys from.

It will be interesting to see what comes from the new Transformers team.

It seems with Hasbro's shift into a IP company, they've really focused each line into a story-telling format with the core characters. I think that under that paradigm, G1 and Movie are the the core character groups, with any references being an homage for the long-term fans - think Siege Magnus's truck mode and Galaxy Upgrade Optimus. Beyond that I'm not sure what the appetite for characters outside the "core G1" group is.

Ben Montanno as far as I'm aware is still involved in the Brand Management, but he has shown interest in the "kids" lines as the "Collector" lines so might have an openess to more lesser known remakes. At the moment, that seems to be happening mainly within the RED line -
    they've had G1, Beast Wars and Prime shown so far and Animated would fit in well within their remit too.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    I'm still waiting on that Armada Prime we were teased by Takara.
    148% this. That thing looked awesome. I'd like to see some updated Armada and Galaxy force. Armada because the cartoon and video game made them look pretty cool, but the toys looked like chunky arse. i would like to see some sexier versions of them when not inhibited by springy gimmicks

Oh I just loved the Armada toy line for all its retro clunkiness. I got burned buying rid figures that had no resemblance but the name to their g1 counterparts, and were overly complex.

Armada and the mini-cons will always have a special place in my heart. And one always needs an excuse for more mini-cons. Micro masters are nice, but I miss mini-con ports
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hasbro are just waiting for the milestones and the kids who watched it to have disposable incomes. Its time will come, then we'll have Armada out the wazoo, along with the rest

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd like to see pretenders re-done, shells with insane detail, where the inner robot hides in the torso of the shell, leaving shell arms and legs free to be articulated. Inner robots could have more standard articulation and heads that fold away. +new characters
    And the world needs more duocons and their autobot equivalents

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh I just loved the Armada toy line for all its retro clunkiness. I got burned buying rid figures that had no resemblance but the name to their g1 counterparts, and were overly complex.

Armada and the mini-cons will always have a special place in my heart. And one always needs an excuse for more mini-cons. Micro masters are nice, but I miss mini-con ports
    I had the opposite journey with Armada. I loved the more intricate RiD figures, and the realistic (sometimes licensed) alt modes that the new Autobot molds had.

By comparison Armada felt a little bit too PlaySkool for me, especially seeing as many of the figures lacked articulation.

That said, I have loved the scant few re-imaginings of Armada figures that CHUG has given us - Hot Shot, Starscream and Megatron. I wouldn't mind seeing a whole line done like that.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Considering how advanced the RID series is, Hasbro may think "If it ain't broke don't fix it." But if they find a way to breathe new life into a revival of the series I'll be quite impressed.

Speaking of RID, I kinda want a JRX/ Rail Racer now