View Poll Results: Would you purchase an MP Meister w/ approx'd car mode?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • No

6 50.00%
  • Unsure or uninterested

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy an MP Meister if the car mode was an approximated Porsche 935 Turbo?

I dont know how I'd feel about it to be honest
    Hasbro making a "close enough" version seems like the sort of thing third party companies are doing; It's the character, but not. We all know who and what its meant to be, but let's make it a bit different so we don't have to go & sit in the naughty corner.

On the other hand, Hasbro have been deliberately designing and Ive been purchasing figures for years that fit the above mentioned statement regarding designs that skirt legal issues. Who knows?...

Of course that's an overly simplified way to look at it as there would be a tonne of behind the scenes dealings we're not privy to like licensing costs etc
    All things considered, probably not.

I think the difference is that Turd Party refuse to pay licensing and so just do whatever they want. HasTak would happily pay the licence if Porsche just allowed it. Same with VW, and as soon as VW relented then VW Bumblebee was back in town!

Although I've noticed that VW has only been used for Bumblebee since the licence was acquired - notice that Gens Select Bug Bite, despite the name and original Machine Men character, is not a VW Beetle. I wonder if this is because one of the conditions of the licensing is that the VW can only be used on heroic characters. We know that VW and Porsche don't want their vehicles to be affiliated with war, it's not even Transformers, just not war. Because before the licence was acquired for Bumblebee, we know that Takara got away with using the VW Beetle on the Disney Label Donald Duck Transformer, because Disney Label TFs isn't seen as being "affiliated with war" - it's not classified as being part of the "main" Transformers toy line.

If Porsche similarly agrees to come to the table as VW did, I would expect that heroic characters like Jazz, Cliffjumper, Hubcap, Tailspin, Backstreet etc. would be allowed to be made with the Porsche licence, however "evil" characters like Dead End, Skystalker, Metrobomb etc. may not. Which dashes my hopes for a Masterpiece Metrobomb.

We know a lot of things don't we.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Which dashes my hopes for a Masterpiece Metrobomb.
    Top of your list, no doubt.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister