Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JAN 17 NSW cinema screening of 1986 Transformers The Movie

Default JAN 17 NSW cinema screening of 1986 Transformers The Movie

Not sure if anyone posted this but I did a quick search around but didn't find any. Not sure if Covid is effecting the screening or not.

https://www.orpheum.com.au/wp-cinema...ERS+THE+MOVIE/

TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE

Rating: PG
    Length: 84 mins
    Cast: Orson Welles, Robert Stack, Leonard Nimoy

Session Times
    Sun 17th Jan 2021:
    6:30pm

Tickets $17.00

A rare screening of the 1986 animated classic!

Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace
    380 Military Road
    Cremorne NSW 2090 AUSTRALIA
    Last edited by griffin; 25th December 2020 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added cinema's address

(moved this topic to the news section - I have been following this on different facebook postings, and completely forgot to post about it here)

If NSW didn't have this new virus outbreak, I'd come down for this (I wouldn't be able to come back without a compulsory 14 day quarantine), as its been about 15 years since I last saw it in a cinema (in America)... but at this point, we just have to have to hope that the virus doesn't spread because of the christmas travelling that people are being allowed to do over the next few days, as too many new infections this week could see tighter restrictions in Sydney from next week (limiting the numbers allowed, or cancelling it completely).

We had it planned for Melbourne too... but was announced as cancelled with a licensing issue in the movie

I am so keen to go but with still 5 new locally transmitted case detected today, I would probably have to give this a miss.

As far as I can tell, this is still going ahead, as the website was still allowing me to start the booking process (selecting a seat on the seat map), and I didn't see anything noting restrictions either (seats weren't blocked out either, to space people apart).
    At least there have been a few days since a community case of covid, so this looks like it should be fairly safe to go to now (which makes me jealous).

The seating map shows that this is a HUGE theatre... at least, by today's multiplex standard... and from what I can tell, 100-200 seats were already sold, which will give the session a great atmosphere. (did I mention that I was jealous?)

Local Covid transmitted case had been 0 for the last two days and 1 report d in today's news so I went and got myself tickets.

The ticketing system don't allow spacing so no blocking out for restrictions.

I sadly can't make it to this, however the theatre's just around the corner from me and I've seen other shows and events there this past year. Although their system doesn't assign seating and therefore block out surrounding seats, they do request people to stagger the seating such that there is sufficient space for people. I large bookings the staff also help rearrange people to make sure it works out.

I had planned on going to this, but with current pandemic climate, I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I barely want to go out for groceries, let alone anything fun

For those that went, what was the night like?

It was good, we got the UK edit with the swearing. It seemed a bit blurry, so I think they were showing a DVD instead of a film reel, can't be sure.

The highlight for me was after the movie when we all recreated the Junkion and Autobot dance circle scenes.
    Which brings us to where we are today...