Thread: MARCH 2021 Transformers comics and books

Default MARCH 2021 Transformers comics and books

Transformers Comics and Books scheduled for MARCH 2021, with details and cover images here.
    The release dates for the books & TPBs are a bit all over the place at the moment, probably due to all of the covid delays in the last 9 monhts, as their Amazon listings for some items are showing two different publication dates on the product page.

Transformers Beast Wars #2
    (W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Josh Burcham (CA) Dan Schoening (CA) Winston Chan
    Celebrating 25 years of Beast Wars! The Maximals, led by Optimus Primal, and the Predacons, led by Megatron, have crashed on a strange new world and they are not alone. To survive the planet, much less each other, they’ll have to explore their surroundings and their new bestial alt-modes in search of an advantage. The Beast Wars begin here!

Transformers #29
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A/CA) Anna Malkova (CA) E. J. Su (CA) Thomas Deer
    “War World: Titans”! Sentinel Prime has a secret-something that could change the fate of Cybertron-something that Megatron wants. It’s a battle for control of the Forge as the Autobots and the Decepticons come face-to-face in battle for the first time!

Transformers Escape #4
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A/CA) Bethany McGuire-Smith (CA) Aline Herzpalter Baumgartner (CA) Red Powell
    As Wheeljack, Hound, and the others lead the evacuation efforts, they learn that one of their allies has secrets of their own that could ruin the whole escape plan. Meanwhile, the Decepticons search for the renegade Insecticons, but who’s really hunting who?
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 3 - All Fall Down HC - 280 pages (Transformers #19-24, Galaxies #7-12) - FEB 2nd 2021 (was DEC 15th 2020, then JAN 26th 2021) (digital release JAN 27th 2021, was DEC 30th 2020)
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 12 HC - 336 pages (Transfomers #51-57, TAAO #1-4, Titans Return #1, MTMTE #56-57) - FEB 9th 2021 (was JAN 5th 2021) (digital release JAN 27th 2021 or FEB 9th 2021, was DEC 30th)
    -- Transformers '84 : Secrets and Lies - 120 pages (all 4 issues and one-shot) - MAR 2nd (was NOV 10th 2020 then FEB 16th 2021) (digital release MAR 3rd was DEC 30th 2020, then JAN 27th 2021 then FEB 16th 2021)
    -- Transformers '84 : Legends and Rumors - 100 page (DIGITAL ONLY? one-shot) (Marel US #1, Man of Iron (Marvel UK #9-12), IDW ’84 #0 one-shot) - (digital release MAR 3rd)
    -- Transformers/My Little Pony : Friendship in Disguise - 96 pages (all 4 issues) - March 30th 2021 (was NOV 3rd 2020, then March 9th 2021) (digital release MAR 17th was JAN 27th 2021)
    -- Transformers Back To The Future - 96 pages (all 4 issues) - JULY 20th 2021 (digital release FEB 24th 2021 or APR 20th 2021)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 4 - Declaration of War HC - 280 pages (Transformers #25-30, the Valentine's Day Special one-shot, and Transformers: Escape #1-5) - AUG 10th 2021
    -- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 1 HC - 392 pages (Revolution issues #0-5; the Transformers: Till All Are One, Transformers, Action Man, and Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Revolution one-shots; Transformers: Till All Are One issues #5-8; and Revolutionaries issues #1-4.) - SEPT 21st 2021

November 2020 comics and books

December 2020 comics and books

January 2021 comics and books

February 2021 comics and books
    Last edited by griffin; 21st February 2021 at 02:01 PM.

This appears to be new... at least, since I last did up a comics listing post... Amazon America isn't letting me purchase physical copies of upcoming comics/TPBs from an Australian location. I have to enter in an American address to let it allow me to pre-order anything. It's like how the toys were (and some still are), in that they appear as "unavailable".
    To do up this month's posting, I had to enter in a US postal address just to see what the release dates were on some items.

Oh started a new beast wars comic. Its not retreading the same story is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Oh started a new beast wars comic. Its not retreading the same story is it?
    Without giving spoilers (because I'm only going on the feedback of others), is that it is like the MCU movies, in that it is based on the existing universe (the cartoon) and they character traits from there, but will be it's own new story, that follows the basics of Beast Wars that BW fans would know and recognise. Which is probably the right approach, because if they are trying to appeal to BW fans, a brand new story universe from scratch would feel wrong and alienate them.
    Feedback of the first issue suggests that it deals with their arrival on Earth being pretty much the same as the start of the cartoon, but from there, they will not be just retelling cartoon episodes.

(my first-hand opinions will take some months, until the TPB is released)

Looks like issue 2 of the new Beast Wars comic could be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.

And a preview of issue 28 of the regular series, which could also be out this week.

I'm just not a fan of Josh Burcham's work... he makes everything look very 2 dimensional... and I would have loved to have seen the Beast Wars characters drawn with more detail, to be more realistic or faithful to the toys & cartoon... which is why we became fans of BW - the visuals AND the stories.

This week I got this
    -- IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 12 HC - 336 pages (Transfomers #51-57, TAAO #1-4, Titans Return #1, MTMTE #56-57)

I was looking through it and thought "oh that's the end of the those books before the new #1s, I wonder..." and looking I found that yes they are starting a new collection series with a new volume 1 later this year.

-- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 1 HC - 392 pages (Revolution issues #0-5; the Transformers: Till All Are One, Transformers, Action Man, and Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Revolution one-shots; Transformers: Till All Are One issues #5-8; and Revolutionaries issues #1-4.) - SEPT 21st 2021

But there's so much of the Hasbro crossover stuff in it. No Issues of Optimus Prime, no issues of Lost Light. While the Partworks collection skipped over many tie ins, feels like Phase 3 is going to be many books of "Hasbro properties guest staring Transformers". I'm not going to order until I see what Vol 2's contents have in it.

I may skip Phase 3 altoghter, since I've got the Partworks (for OP, TAAO, Unicron) and wait for the Lost Light oversize Omnibus edition that I want them to make.

IDW panel at Wondercon in America... There are 2 or 3 different youtube links in the news topic and discussion topic below it, so I'm not sure how many of them have IDW content, or what the content is, as I'm not that into IDW to go through it all on the remote chance that they reveal something exciting. Just sharing the link for any IDW fans here.