Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fanstoys went nuts on prices

Doesnt bother me that it isnt licensed. As long as it looks like the character and is good quality and not outrageously price Ill get it.

But yeah prices are at a level where im choosing carefully but Im happy with where Im at so if I dont purchase anything for the foreseeable future im ok with that

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    Doesnt bother me that it isnt licensed. As long as it looks like the character and is good quality and not outrageously price Ill get it.

But yeah prices are at a level where im choosing carefully but Im happy with where Im at so if I dont purchase anything for the foreseeable future im ok with that
    It bugs me because I feel they dictate what Fanboys are willing to pay while a licensed 3p such as Threezero cost the same and is properly licensed. That is what I consider stealing or taking advantage, to add insult, a Macross DX chogokin doesn't cost as much and is licensed.

As far as prices go currently the new bugs reissue by them is totally out. And this is price set by Fanstoys not the Fans, so my concern is the owner knows exactly what he is doing and is aware of the Fandom.

Good quality yes, but prices are now outrageous. They are now definitely saying they are better than Takara, you want it you pay. I be guessing how much Fort Max cost at this present course of pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    It bugs me because I feel they dictate what Fanboys are willing to pay while a licensed 3p such as Threezero cost the same and is properly licensed. That is what I consider stealing or taking advantage, to add insult, a Macross DX chogokin doesn't cost as much and is licensed.

As far as prices go currently the new bugs reissue by them is totally out. And this is price set by Fanstoys not the Fans, so my concern is the owner knows exactly what he is doing and is aware of the Fandom.

Good quality yes, but prices are now outrageous. They are now definitely saying they are better than Takara, you want it you pay. I be guessing how much Fort Max cost at this present course of pricing.
    This is the problem though. They are better than Takara, and far more prolific. This all wouldn't be a problem if Takara gave fans what they wanted. Because it hasn't, many have turned to third-party.

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    This is the problem though. They are better than Takara, and far more prolific. This all wouldn't be a problem if Takara gave fans what they wanted. Because it hasn't, many have turned to third-party.
    Its quite subjective. I tend to feel Fanstoys are not very perfect either but let the fans talk it up highly of their products. Takara needs to qet their quality at where it should be.
    Also Takara has not shown any sort of aggressive raid unlike what Bandai does. I noticed Fanstoys had totally stopped publishing any future releases since last year. Maybe they finally finish Bersek lol.
    Last edited by drifand; 30th May 2021 at 04:53 PM.

They are lying low, but they still released Seaspray and Drag Strip. At the very least they are still putting out reissues, hopefully a new figure comes out soon. I'm not sure it will be Beserk or Soundwave though as they have been promised for years.

Yeah I do agree that FT designs are very nice. When you have it in hand it feels like a very well made product. QC is another issue where they are not perfect. I use these as display pieces so it hasnt broke on me yet. If Takara releases what fans want Id purchase them but they dont.

Some of their pieces have breakage issues and overcomplicated transformations - Koot and Jabber for instance. But so do Takara ones - MP44 and Hound. But it's not due to transformation just terrible QC.

FT-51 Chomp just up for preorder on TFSource for US$240! FT squeezing the fans hard now.

https://tfsource.com/3rd-party-figur...omp-fans-toys/

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    FT-51 Chomp just up for preorder on TFSource for US$240! FT squeezing the fans hard now.

Doesnt look like its flying off the shelves.
    ..yet haha

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post

Yes, as they know they are in position to dictate what you need to pay. Only a good handful of people dont play into their scheme and know where to draw the line.