Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fanstoys went nuts on prices

Well it's sold out! I guess people don't want what happened with Lupus to happen again.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    Well it's sold out! I guess people don't want what happened with Lupus to happen again.
    I wont pay $100 for Lupas. There is a difference in buying a good toy than buying a toy just because the company doesnt want to make. People throw logic out of the window because they think Lupus is worth every dollar which is rubbish as if it was to reissue constently nobody wants it. Fanstoys being sold out is because of toxic fan base being FOMO themseleves and just wanting 4 pieces of each. I am not bothered.

Take Stomp for instance, I have it and I sure dont see anything USD500 worth at all. The owner knows this and he purposely let this hype stays as it becomes a justified price when he does reissue this piece at a easy USD$285 next time.

From what I am seeing, new stuff like mini bots by Fanstoys are now at easy $160, and stuff like Jazz/mirage are easy $230 starting point.

Is a shame of what the company has become and how people support it. This is what happens when there is no competition sadly and Takara didnt take them down.
    Last edited by drifand; 5th June 2021 at 09:40 AM.

If Takara took them down, fans would only be able to buy whatever Takara bothers to put out, which seems to be endless rehashes of Prime, seekers, Bumblebee etc. Fanstoys and other third party companies give choice to fans to get characters they want.

Prices are too high because Takara doesn't give them enough competition, in quality or output.

If Takara took them down, fans would only be able to buy whatever Takara bothers to put out, which seems to be endless rehashes of Prime, seekers, Bumblebee etc. Fanstoys and other third party companies give choice to fans to get characters they want.

Prices are too high because Takara doesn't give them enough competition, in quality or output.
    Except Fanstoys is not behaving like a 3p, if you are not seeing it. I wont justify the prices set, but thats my take. If you are a fan, be my guest, not going to hold you back. I dont pay premium for non license and thats me, if its reasonable, sure why not. Fanstoys are turning Bandai style, reduce production raise prices. I am not in for this BS game.

Isn't it more that they r seeing the prices it's going for on the secondary market and raising prices accordingly. They r still selling out. If Takara lifted its game it wouldn't be a problem. I don't care if something is licensed. I care if it's good. Hasbro power of the primes chug was licensed but its garbage.

Isn't it more that they r seeing the prices it's going for on the secondary market and raising prices accordingly. They r still selling out. If Takara lifted its game it wouldn't be a problem. I don't care if something is licensed. I care if it's good. Hasbro power of the primes chug was licensed but its garbage.
    To be honest, It doesnt matter Takara lift its game at this point. Fanstoys are in control of whatever they feel like to price, and are NOT at all bothered with the compeition because the fanbase just want it and lost the plot of whether is actually any quality at all. To them, is a rare piece and if NOT it be a rare piece down the road so they buy three piece to keep.

You dont care is unlicensed but you are paying over licensed price says that you are allowing the company to make easy profits. (I wont debate here, as there are reasons why 3p has all the while been affordable < but Fanstoys are taking advantage at this point, I can clearly see what they are doing, but hey is up to you.)

If Fanstoys really wanted to take advantage they could raise prices further as their stock is still selling out. I would think for me, and many who buy Fanstoys they are popular because of the quality of product they offer, not just because they are rare. But the way they keep selling out sure doesn't help, and people don't want to miss out. I mean if Takara released more characters, more often, then Fanstoys would have more competition. Where people have options and choice they can turn down the company that charges too much. Of course, the other issue is recently Takara is charging ridiculous amounts too...look at MP44. With the breaking legs...
    Last edited by jimoinj; 9th June 2021 at 12:52 PM.

dude, they already took advantage, which part you didnt see? LOL

FYI I have a lot of Fanstoys figures, I know the quality and I can tell you its no tperfect either, and many fans seem to hype it up. Take for example Their Blurr, and Six shot, its far from perfect, in fact nothing to shout about and they are charging stupid prices.

Thomas, was great but not without flaws.

Please step back and dont let things cloud your judgement and justify the cost. I bought Thomas at $290aud NOT $400USD. The insecticons are a clear indication of a cash grab by the company where each insecticons used to be just $80aud each and now over $180USD each for the reissue.

Nuff said. I started this thread was because of awareness. If you fail to see it by all means continue to buy, nobody's stopping you to pay ridiculas prices.

Fanstoys has taken advantage of the fanbase and created a false sense of scarcity. Increasing FOMO causing all stocks to be sold within less than a week. Takara doesn't do this, in case you never realised. Don't believe? watch for Jazz and Mirage by Fanstoys.
    Last edited by drifand; 9th June 2021 at 11:58 PM.

Did Fanstoys lose their Pokemon license?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Fans Toys can charge what they want, it's us the consumer that's enabling them.