Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
I wonder how high prices can get. Sure people will pay for it now but it will get to a certain point where most will not buy it anymore because its so pricey.

I reckon MP44 is cool but at that price point I wont get it and hoping TE release a metallic version.

I also think Starscream V2 is really cool but again at that price point Id pass because the value imo isnt worth that much.

Maybe Im wrong but whether or not its artificially inflated it could backfire later down the track when they cant move as much product due to price when it comes to Fans Toys.

Im definitely a fan of their design, paint and use of die cast.

Good opportunity for other companies to step up if they're game.
We might have already seen the limit people are willing to pay. The later fanstoys releases seem to be selling well/selling out. The stunticons were definitely harder to acquire without paying scalper prices, as is Thomas. Saying that, you can still grab reissue Fanstoys Kup/Skyfire/Breakdown cause they are damn expensive (at least 30% markup??)! The same can be said for Takara's beast wars Megatron, it was/is $400 and still available; the higher price would have definitely impacted sales and made it less appealing.

Fanstoys have a reputation for good paint, sculpt and hardware. I'd definitely pay more for Fanstoys versus Takara nowadays.

I used to only collect Takara MP, though now I wouldn't preorder a Takara MP at all, but will definitely preorder Fanstoys without worry. As for other 3P MP, MMC is usually pretty good, and X-transbots has sort of been getting better compared to the offerings a few years ago, but I don't trust their product like Fanstoys. FT>MMC>X-transbots=Takara