Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanstoys went nuts on prices

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Missed out on Sheridan because I didn’t want to preorder it because Fans Toys take forever to release stuff. Still waiting for Berserk that I paid for back in 2017 which Toybot won’t refund me for. So will never buy a Fans Toys product again. So prices don’t concern me as other companies will get my money instead.
    You should have disputed it when you had the chance regardless of the reputation of the retailer. I only suggest you to "Swap" Berserk as credit for something. Also I wont be dealing with dishonest principals of business policies. You can see I was a fan of Nippon Yasan, and now out of it. Simply because you are unable to provide the product, you should be refunded.

I wish you all the best, but something tells me you got too tired of it.

I managed to get Thomas from Savier's toys at $280 aud shipped which he just shipped. Compared to what current people are asking $400 usd.
    My anger just builds up whenever someone in the Fanstoys group just say "Oh I happen to have an extra asking for $425usd" it just shows scalping.

When a 3p cost so much, I am just taken back that people are blindly supporting it by paying it. Even my Banday VF-1S Roy folker doesnt cost so much.

I wonder how high prices can get. Sure people will pay for it now but it will get to a certain point where most will not buy it anymore because its so pricey.

I reckon MP44 is cool but at that price point I wont get it and hoping TE release a metallic version.

I also think Starscream V2 is really cool but again at that price point Id pass because the value imo isnt worth that much.

Maybe Im wrong but whether or not its artificially inflated it could backfire later down the track when they cant move as much product due to price when it comes to Fans Toys.

Im definitely a fan of their design, paint and use of die cast.

Good opportunity for other companies to step up if they're game.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    I wonder how high prices can get. Sure people will pay for it now but it will get to a certain point where most will not buy it anymore because its so pricey.

I reckon MP44 is cool but at that price point I wont get it and hoping TE release a metallic version.

I also think Starscream V2 is really cool but again at that price point Id pass because the value imo isnt worth that much.

Maybe Im wrong but whether or not its artificially inflated it could backfire later down the track when they cant move as much product due to price when it comes to Fans Toys.

Im definitely a fan of their design, paint and use of die cast.

Good opportunity for other companies to step up if they're game.
    We might have already seen the limit people are willing to pay. The later fanstoys releases seem to be selling well/selling out. The stunticons were definitely harder to acquire without paying scalper prices, as is Thomas. Saying that, you can still grab reissue Fanstoys Kup/Skyfire/Breakdown cause they are damn expensive (at least 30% markup??)! The same can be said for Takara's beast wars Megatron, it was/is $400 and still available; the higher price would have definitely impacted sales and made it less appealing.

Fanstoys have a reputation for good paint, sculpt and hardware. I'd definitely pay more for Fanstoys versus Takara nowadays.

I used to only collect Takara MP, though now I wouldn't preorder a Takara MP at all, but will definitely preorder Fanstoys without worry. As for other 3P MP, MMC is usually pretty good, and X-transbots has sort of been getting better compared to the offerings a few years ago, but I don't trust their product like Fanstoys. FT>MMC>X-transbots=Takara

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think both Fanstoys and Takara have been suffering from the same problem over the last few years. A major change of aesthetic which has forced the designers to relearn their craft which has lead to multiple QC issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    Fanstoys have a reputation for good paint, sculpt and hardware. I'd definitely pay more for Fanstoys versus Takara nowadays.
    Fanstoys are pretty but they never saw a problem that they couldn't fix with an extra hinge and panel. Historically Takara would come up with the more elegant solution. Probably because the need to deal with children encouraged more playtesting as opposed to cheap CAD solutions.
    Paint and die cast are double edged swords. Eg I have glass shelves. No way I am going to put Sovereign, Quietus, and a potential Scourge together on a glass shelf. Paint gets scratched. Especially with FT's love of random panels and lack of playtesting.
    That said, they are still the best MP scale option available at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I think both Fanstoys and Takara have been suffering from the same problem over the last few years. A major change of aesthetic which has forced the designers to relearn their craft which has lead to multiple QC issues.

Fanstoys are pretty but they never saw a problem that they couldn't fix with an extra hinge and panel. Historically Takara would come up with the more elegant solution. Probably because the need to deal with children encouraged more playtesting as opposed to cheap CAD solutions.
    Paint and die cast are double edged swords. Eg I have glass shelves. No way I am going to put Sovereign, Quietus, and a potential Scourge together on a glass shelf. Paint gets scratched. Especially with FT's love of random panels and lack of playtesting.
    I dunno. I have Voltron SOC, The Power Rangers Dragon, and Megazord, Voltes V, Gao Gai Gar, Fanstoys Aparche, MP-44,MP Bluestreak, Toyworld Jazz, MP Ultra Magnus, SOC Dairugger 17, SOC Godsigma, SOC Godmas. Badcube Hoist and Trailbreaker, MP Sunstreaker, sideswipe, bumblebee and probably 10 more bots on my glass shelf for over 4 years now?

Not to mention my other shelf have all my FT dino, Quietus, Soveriegn, PG Gundams etc... Glass is strong on my cabinet.

The issue now with Fanstoys is the Fanstoys Admin doesn't care and in fact promotes peple to buy three Fanstoys pieces and sell in the group. Quietus for USD$600? wow, really? Pretty sure my Bandai Roy Forker VF-1S cost less and is a better toy.

Like FT-Rogue. Now I look at Takara's MP, I just go for that instead as price difference is about 50-80 dollars.

I dunno. I just feel Fanstoys is now Fanboys. The toy I once love and knew is no loger a topic, just more of an investment value nowadays. If you know me, I buy toys to play and display, not to keep in boxes and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    I've got Sovereign, Quietus and Thomas on one detolf shelf and it's fine. Got three FT dinos in another for months, no problems.

the latest insecticons reissue was a sign for me to turn off Fanstoys. I know people dont care, as to them is worth it. I do thank them for making Omega and Jetfire and many cool ones but unfortunaely I feel greed has got the better of them < partly the fan based fault. No issues if people want to continue supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    the latest insecticons reissue was a sign for me to turn off Fanstoys. I know people dont care, as to them is worth it. I do thank them for making Omega and Jetfire and many cool ones but unfortunaely I feel greed has got the better of them < partly the fan based fault. No issues if people want to continue supporting them.
    I love Fanstoys, but am forced to pick and choose when their options are expensive as the bugs (and hard to get). I went for Phoneix for around $380 because I wanted him so much, but the bugs were too much and I have good enough alternatives from BadCube. Happy with prices for the minibots and the stunticons, Apache is attractive but if it costs too much I'll go with MMC for Springer. I just take it on a case by case basis. Sometimes the figure is so good I'm willing to spend more, eg. Thomas and Quietus (particularly where no good alternatives and character is important to me).

Regardless how good, I wont be paying premium prices for a company that isnt licensed. (You dont deserve the profit at crazy price points) The fact is they are pushing the profit margin as they feel they can dictate what people are willing to pay. You dont buy? He will, I dont care attitude. Is proven in the FB Fanstoys group, so toxic with investors. I bought Phoneix for $285. the three bugs are no where close $400. I am glad I am done with mp line maininly.