Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New G1 Masterpiece - MP53 SKIDS & MP54 Reboost

Considering they made DoTM toys for them, I don't think they're too worried about it. Probably don't have the rights or something like that or don't see the need just yet. I have a feeling we'll eventually see them, especially since they're a fairly big part of the whole Devastator thing.

Great discussion about Masterpiece Skids.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Sorry Mr Thread Policeman, but maybe some people want a MPM Skids too?

(Not like there's much more to discuss at this point about the MP G1 one...)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Sorry Mr Thread Policeman, but maybe some people want a MPM Skids too?
    Not even that, it's moved onto Studio Series now. Hardly seems relevant.

Well rather than complaining, maybe bring it back on topic?

What accessories could Skids come with. The scooter as mentioned above seems a no-brainer but it's got no canon appearance in Transformers lore (that I'm aware of)

So um, one of the bombs Blitzwing was planting in Triple Takeover?

Will they acknowledge his comic book role?

A Charlene figure would be a nice touch, A Donny Finkleberg (civilan clothes not Robot-Master) ones too? His hippie holo-avatar?

What about a life size version of his pea-sized brain (as show in Circuit Breaker's hands in Decepticon Graffiti)!? A removabe face plate you can put on the wall as a trophy like she did?

I'd like them to include one of those Limbo parasites to attach to his head (see Time Wars). It wouldn't be too far off the Hoist Goes Hollywood masks but maybe UK comics are a step too far.

My apologies, you're right.

I reckon the scooter will certainly be moulded now (along with Crosscut head), but if it doesn't come with Skids it might appear with Crosscut (perhaps further incentive for people to double dip).

A scooter with a later toy has the feel of those stickers with Spin-Out that help you toy-ify the earlier Sunstreaker, so yeah I think an MP Crosscut coming with it is likely.

I also wonder if the more toy accurate look is not just because of his lack of show presence, but also to bring down the cost of the toy, being a lesser known character. It's been confirmed by Takara that the more show accurate Masterpieces have higher parts counts, thus cost more. Might make it an easier sell to collectors since he's not as well known as the other 1984/1985 cars. Potentially could also be a market test to see if people are over cartoon accuracy.

Sorry, I wasn't around for G1 so I have no real ideas about Skids outside the TFwiki page and the ROTF one but if it's cheap, fits in Prime's trailer and available at Zing/EB I'll probably end up getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I also wonder if the more toy accurate look is not just because of his lack of show presence, but also to bring down the cost of the toy, being a lesser known character. It's been confirmed by Takara that the more show accurate Masterpieces have higher parts counts, thus cost more. Might make it an easier sell to collectors since he's not as well known as the other 1984/1985 cars. Potentially could also be a market test to see if people are over cartoon accuracy.
    Probably all of the above, and maybe the MP designers took a look at the derpy Sunbow animation model, shook their heads and thought, for once, the original lanky toy bot looked better than the animation model. While they looked plain compared to their toy versions, most other G1 character models were better proportioned in robot mode (from a conventional aesthetics perspective) than their toy counterparts.