Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New G1 Masterpiece - MP53 SKIDS & MP54 Reboost

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

From what I've seen, I'm going to pick up this MP. I am not a huge Skids fan but I do love the Autobot Cars and the "Hybrid" style. MP-39 Sunstreaker was my last MP purchase but he is still in his box, never even transformed him as I couldn't get into the figure. I'll sell him I think.

So, it will be nice to have a new MP. I even made room in my display cabinet for Skids and hopefully an MP licenced "hybrid" Jazz! I didn't think I would ever be getting another MP after they moved to the toon style. Although Hound tempted me as I like the character but dodged a bullet skipping that one.

what are all those lines in the artwork?? is that...detail? sculpted details? not a blank block of plain? my gosh!

Last edited by griffin; 25th February 2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added the images
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I'm both surprised and happy to see that it is very toy-based... like the earlier MPs before the recent trend for cartoon based MPs.
    The robot mode is like looking at the Gen1 toy, but with two legs.

I just read the article at the tfw link, and it was actually Honda that tweeted up the reveal... so this project must really be a close partnership with that car company.

It seems to do with the Honda City turning 40 this year so a collaboration between the 2 makes sense.

The Honda tweet also mentioned Figure King #277, so maybe there'll be more information on this MP in that issue. Definitely getting a lime green Quantum Operative Skids as well if they release one (hopefully with a retooled head sculpt). Unfortunately, the altmode doesn't seem to have space for driver/passenger, so no Charlene.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Looks like room in the back for a scooter though... if they decide to do a pre-Transformers release later.

Certainly looks to be a departure from the usual cartoon aesthetic, probably because of the circumstances of the character. The shape reminds me a lot of Alternators figures.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

This is where masterpiece should be going. Looks great.