Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New G1 Masterpiece - MP53 SKIDS & MP54 Reboost

I?ve got no love for Skids but would have considered it if it resembled the toon. As it stands I?m having a hard time justifying a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I?ve got no love for Skids but would have considered it if it resembled the toon. As it stands I?m having a hard time justifying a purchase.
    Tell me what was your favourite Skids moment in the cartoon?
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Considering where his arms end up in the cartoon, I'm ok with them taking inspiration from the toy instead.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really liking this, more appealing than any new MP I've seen in a very long time. Looking forward to seeing the colour pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Tell me what was your favourite Skids moment in the cartoon?
    When he got crunched by Blitzwing.

TFW2005 has newer screenshots of MP Skids from Figure King No. 277. Based on Google Translate, this MP appears to be designed by Kojin Ohno, who also designed the Diaclone Honda City moulds. The article also mentions the release year coinciding with the 40th anniversary of the Honda City model. For those who collected Japanese toy cars in the 80s, the Honda City was extremely popular in Japan. No mention of the Motocompo scooter in the article AFAIK, even though you can see that the trunk area of the car is spacious. I appreciate that this space is filled-in in the bot mode's lower back leg.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I want an animation-accurate MP Skids too so that we have something that fits in with the rest of the MP line. However, given how iconic Honda City is in Japan, and how it's also my favourite subcompact car, i'm also happy we have this 'hybrid' design MP.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I want an animation-accurate MP Skids too so that we have something that fits in with the rest of the MP line.
    This MP Skids will fit well with the rest of my MP collection... Since the newest figure in my display is MP-36 Megatron.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the final product. I always preferred toy accuracy over cartoon accuracy and so far this guys looking great.

Images are out now. Looks good to me

Also being released is a red version called Reboost (based on another Diaclone colour scheme and apparently comes with a scooter)

As others have pointed out the colour scheme on Reboost makes him look like Alternity Convoy.

Ooooh, I want the one with the scooter.