New/remould/redeco - Repaint and retool of Earthrise Sunstreaker
    Wave - Yes
    Released here - December 2020
    Approximate Retail Price - $60
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Autobots
    Alt-mode - Not Lamborghini Countachs
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours - Cordon: white w/ black accents / Spin-Out: red w/ black accents
    Main Accessories - engine supercharger intake/gun (x1 each)

NOTE: These toys are a repaint and a retool of Earthrise Sunstreaker. Refer to the Earthrise Sunstreaker review thread for more information and discussion about the original mould; this thread will focus on differences made.

In box

Robot mode

Vehicle mode

Spin-Out and Spinout

WFCGS Cordon and MP Cordon

THOUGHTS
    • Spin-Out is a straight-up repaint of ER Sunstreaker. It also retains a more accurate pair of yellow eyes.

• Cordon has a retooled chest which not only includes the strobe lights, but also has complete transparent windshield pieces, giving it additional aesthetic realism in car mode. For some odd reason, he has inaccurate blue eyes instead of red. Weird.

• Unfortunately Cordon has zero emergency vehicle markings. The word 警視庁 (Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department) does not appear on the doors. I would have been perfectly fine with the word "POLICE" written in English (although that would be more appropriate for Clampdown), or heck, in any language. But the doors are blank. As such, this Cordon's alt mode isn't a police car, it's just some kind of unmarked vehicle with strobe lights on the roof. s this a police car? Emergency medical vehicle? Traffic controller? Pace car? Discomobile? Who knows?!

Wow. Cordon sounds like a disappointment.

A Discomobile of Disappointment...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Overall Cordon looks pretty plain. A Toyhax sticker set will improve it immensely.

It hurts my OCD that Spin hyphen Out doesn't have blue eyes.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I'm just going to assume Cordon is an undercover cop car?

I really dislike that Spin-Out's crests are yellow. That choice has never made sense to me - for the original Diaclone toy let alone the remakes that followed - I think they should be red.

Of course with this two pack a head swap would be rather simple, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Overall Cordon looks pretty plain. A Toyhax sticker set will improve it immensely.
    I'd consider getting a sticker set if it added 警視所 for the doors (knowing them they'd give you both the option of having either 警視所 or POLICE on the doors) as well as red stickers for the eyes. Why are Cordon's eyes blue?!

It hurts my OCD that Spin hyphen Out doesn't have blue eyes.
    I'm so glad that Spin dash Out's eyes are accurately yellow. It's annoying enough that Cordon's aren't. Neither of these characters ever appeared in the G1 cartoon (okay, Cordon did once but he had a mask on so you can't see his eye colours※) so there's no reason for either of them to have blue eyes. And we know that not all Autobots in the G1 cartoon had blue eyes anyway. But yeah, given that neither ever appeared in the cartoon, I'd say the blue eye thing is entirely moot.

--------------
    ※ in "Hoist Goes Hollywood"

Spinout's red is so pale... it's like the toy factory was short on red plastic dye and rationed it out with that toy.

I wonder if it is, or if this is like ER Sunstreaker’s yellow parts that photographs pale all the time? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm so glad that Spin dash Out's eyes are accurately yellow. It's annoying enough that Cordon's aren't. Neither of these characters ever appeared in the G1 cartoon (okay, Cordon did once but he had a mask on so you can't see his eye colours?) so there's no reason for either of them to have blue eyes. And we know that not all Autobots in the G1 cartoon had blue eyes anyway. But yeah, given that neither ever appeared in the cartoon, I'd say the blue eye thing is entirely moot
    Yeah but as we know only* bad guys have red eyes.

*Except for all the times they haven't. But I'd still say that's the logic being applied here.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Yeah but as we know only* bad guys have red eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I wonder if it is, or if this is like ER Sunstreaker’s yellow parts that photographs pale all the time? Hmm
    I have this 2-pack too, and the pale red just stood out so much...