Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospects for obtaining last year's exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    So I grabbed Runabout and Thrust from some Americans on e-bay. Around $100 each. Stings a little, but that's only 40% over retail for Thrust (at anywhere that's not Kmart), and includes postage, so not too bad. 150% over retail for Runabout is nasty, but that's US postage and Pitney Bowes rip-off for you...

Yeah - I made an accepted offer for US $49. Including shipping and GSP charges it was about $95 all up, which fits in a little above what I paid for Thundercracker & Skywarp.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    So I grabbed Runabout and Thrust from some Americans on e-bay. Around $100 each. Stings a little, but that's only 40% over retail for Thrust (at anywhere that's not Kmart), and includes postage, so not too bad. 150% over retail for Runabout is nasty, but that's US postage and Pitney Bowes rip-off for you...

Basically there is no way for Australians to get Dirge and Ramjet. On the rare occasions they come back into stock on Amazon, it occurs in the middle of the night here. Guess I need to sit back and wait a few years for someone in the US to toss out their collection and not realise what they could ask for it. Yippee.

Just happy that this is not my "real" collection...
    I've given up collecting MP in favour of the newer Generations toys, so even though I spent far too much on the Seekers - other than Starscream - I justified it to myself as knowing it was still far cheaper than buying the six of them as Masterpiece toys would be.

I take some comfort in not wanting 95% of the things rumoured/leaked to be exclusives in Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've given up collecting MP in favour of the newer Generations toys, so even though I spent far too much on the Seekers - other than Starscream - I justified it to myself as knowing it was still far cheaper than buying the six of them as Masterpiece toys would be.

I take some comfort in not wanting 95% of the things rumoured/leaked to be exclusives in Kingdom.
    I also gave up on MP in favour of CHUG. A few super expensive figures is more bearable than every figure being super expensive. Also, I'm going to be avoiding a lot of Kingdom. There are only 5 official announced figures I'll be buying.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.