Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prospects for obtaining last year's exclusives

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Prospects for obtaining last year's exclusives

What are our prospects, being Australians, for obtaining last year's WFC exclusives?

The ones I care about are:
    Runabout
    Thrust
    Dirge
    Ramjet

So far as I know, them being released as US store exclusives means they are never going to hit retail shelves here. If they see Japanese release (such as is rumoured for Siege Skywarp), well, that doesn't seem to be much better.

I can see some Thrusts and Runabouts on ebay from US sellers, but I'd rather not buy from them if I can help it (the "import fees" that go to Pitney Bowes are nothing but a rip-off, and don't even show up until you click through the buy it now section), and as for Dirge and Ramjet... for some reason they appear to be strangely uncommon (I see only two items on all of e-bay today), and of course they are stupidly priced (over $400 in both cases).

Are there better options? Are there even other options?

Runabout and Thrust are highly unlikely unless you know someone who can get it from Asia or Target in the US and forward it to you.

Dirge and Ramjet is an Amazon exclusive so you'll only really see it there. Note that it sells out within minutes whenever there's stock.

I've been able to get Dirge and Ramjet through Amazon, Thrust thanks to TCCA forwarding from Asia and Runabout from RobotKingdom which unfortunately means I've spent quite a lot more than I would've liked.

Thrust and Runabout might end up on Amazon at some stage but will still be at overs..

SS Leadfoot and ER Bluestreak, both Exclusives have ended up there for purchase so you never know

Bit too late to the game to get any at a 'decent' price now.

Gonna have to pay that ebay pitney bowles scalper shipping (which is super slow to boot).

Hasbro love screwing its fans; they always make crucial members (tetrajet skywarp, both earthrise seekers, and the entire earthrise coneheads) exclusive. You can't have runamuck without runabout!

Sick of it to be honest, and got out of the exclusive game after the earthrise seeker 2 pack. These sorts of practices shouldn't be supported.

Yeah, at this point you are going to have to hit up ebay and pay a scalper for them. I am going to have to hit up ebay for one more exclusive myself.

I normally really hate G1 Ironhide/Ratchet toys because hate the animation model as well as the G1 toy. But I got the Ratchet and Lifeline 2 pack, and I actually really love this Ratchet so I'm going to get Ironhide also.

It is the first slavish G1 Ratchet/Ironhide mould I like.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Dirge and Ramjet apparently got hit by COVID and a reduction in production numbers ordered by Hasbro, so a lack of supply meant that they got scooped up incredibly quickly. Amazon is probably the best bet. A few come available every so oftern, but they get bought up very quickly with more than a few people watching for their release.

Thrust and Runabout are unfortunately ones that you will have to pay above retail for. I think I poaid ~60 for Runabout from RobotKingdom. Ebay will be one of the few spaces for Thrust right now, and now is probably the right time to look - with a large number on offer people might be willing to take a deal that might save you some money, but you're still probably looking at ~90.

Its such a shame for collectors worldwide that exclusives to the American market are not made available to general retailers outside of this region since those retailers have zero presence outside of the states!

If only Hasbro made it easier for collectors to actually complete their collections. Would a local Hasbro Pulse work in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    If only Hasbro made it easier for collectors to actually complete their collections. Would a local Hasbro Pulse work in Australia?
    They would still be at the mercy of what Hasbro America is willing to allocate to Australia, which is jack all.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I grabbed Runabout and Thrust from some Americans on e-bay. Around $100 each. Stings a little, but that's only 60% over retail for Thrust (at anywhere that's not Kmart), and includes postage, so not too bad. 150% over retail for Runabout is nasty, but that's US postage and Pitney Bowes rip-off for you...

Basically there is no way for Australians to get Dirge and Ramjet. On the rare occasions they come back into stock on Amazon, it occurs in the middle of the night here. Guess I need to sit back and wait a few years for someone in the US to toss out their collection and not realise what they could ask for it. Yippee.

Just happy that this is not my "real" collection...
    Last edited by JJJ; 11th January 2021 at 09:56 PM.